This follows from the thread on 1985 exhaust systems. I've posted the header differences I've found here so it is on a separate thread.

Previous thread is:

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ipe-for-85-5-0

I have what I believe are two sets of 1985 Mustang stainless headers. They are quite different with different engineering numbers on them. The engineering numbers are stamped at the rear of the heat stove cover and include the Ford oval logo.

The first set are shown in the pictures below. They are: Left W E4ZE 9429 BC and Right W E4ZE 9428 BB. The "Z" stamping is really hard to read and could be something else. These are four tube headers that are very similar to the 1986 and up headers except for the heat riser provision on the collector on the Left (Driver) side.

Name:  IMG_2534R.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  73.5 KBName:  IMG_2535R.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  54.0 KB

The second set are shown in the pictures below. They are Left W ED E55E 9429 BA and Right W ED E55E 9428 DA. Note that these are also four tube headers but one of the tubes is welded to the first tube to create a three tube header at the collector. The heat stoves are also very different.

Name:  IMG_2530R.jpg
Views: 536
Size:  72.5 KBName:  IMG_2528R.jpg
Views: 603
Size:  64.1 KB

The photo below shows the collector end with the four tubes in one and the three tubes in the other.

Name:  IMG_2531R.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  66.2 KB

I previously thought that the three tubes were early and the four tubes were late but that does not seem to correlate with the engineering numbers. Anyone know anything about these specific differences?