Close

Default i have capri part sheets

if anyone is looking for ford part numbers for parts for your capri, i have them out of a mitchell collision repair manual. my internet access will be limited from dec. 12th to jan12th (christmas break from college) but i will still periodically check on here to see whats new.

ethan.
    86 Mercury Capri GS 2.3L
    11 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L
    10 Ford Focus SE 2.0L

19 Years of Foureyedpride.com

Is this like a list of all the individual part numbers for the car. If so I would be interested.

Brett
    Brett
    ------
    85 Capri GS 5.0, 5 speed, T-top 147,000 miles.
    Offroad H-pipe and Magnaflow mufflers.

My WebShots Gallery!

yep. its about 10 pages of all part numbers. it is mostly collision-related parts but it does have quite a few numbers. id estimate that there are about 50 part numbers per page. it has diagrams showing exploded views of complex parts. its a handy thing to have if you need any small parts or some of those "ford-only" (not repro'd by anyone). the next time i will be online will be sunday.
    86 Mercury Capri GS 2.3L
    11 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L
    10 Ford Focus SE 2.0L

whs

I am interested as well.

Malleus Banificarum

I think Ethan is offering to look them up, not necessarily hand them out or take the time to scan them in. I'd imagine that'd be exceptionally time consuming.

whs

I guess I could always get the part numbers off my car when I take it apart. I am seriously thinking of compiling many pics when I get around to dismantling mine for a restoration/repair. It would be nice to have them, and the correct names of the parts as well. Kind of like an archive to make parts searches easier.

evlrs84 is corrst in what he said. im offering these build sheets to look up part numbers for parts that either are not stamped with the number or it has come off. my internet is down at the momemt so im using other computers at the moment. ill get back to you as soon as i can. thanks guys! :P
    86 Mercury Capri GS 2.3L
    11 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L
    10 Ford Focus SE 2.0L

I also have a full set of 1986 Ford Factory manuals (the grey and orange ones) along with a full set for 1980. I have a 1986 EVTM book for the mustangs and capris as well as one for thunderbirds and cougars. I have a 1986 engine and emissions book too (the red cover one). If you need any directions for disassembly or reassembly or just some tech info. let me know and i can look and see if i have it.
    86 Mercury Capri GS 2.3L
    11 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L
    10 Ford Focus SE 2.0L

New User

i'm also intersted in the parts sheet

I'll tell you what, if you want your own set, look on EBay. They can often be had for about $15 for the set. I am not selling my set, but more offering to look up part #'s for anyone that may need them. I have the set for the Capri and I also now have a set for the 87-93 Mustang. If anyone is restoring a car or looking for Ford factory parts out there and need part #'s, I can look to see if it is included on any of my sheets. It is mainly body parts, but it does include some mechanical parts as well. My EVTM and Shop manuals cover basically anything that would need repaired, replaced, serviced, or cleaned on a car. No part #'s, just disassembly, cleaning, and reassembly instructions.
    86 Mercury Capri GS 2.3L
    11 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L
    10 Ford Focus SE 2.0L

New User

i need a part number for the 5 row grill on a merc capri

There are 3 part #'s listed.

An all black grille is D9CY 8200B
    A black and chrome grille is E0CY 8200B
    Lastly, a Gold grille is E1CY 8200A ---this would be for a black cat I would assume.
    86 Mercury Capri GS 2.3L
    11 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L
    10 Ford Focus SE 2.0L

Hi,
    Do you have the part # for the rear hatch glass trim retainer clips? Thanx for the help.

Jim
    1986 ASC McLaren EuroCoupe #19 of 47
    1979 Mercury Capri Ghia 302/C4

Neither here nor there

I have 9 pics(sheets) that I saved from somewhere along time ago, i thought it was here? Do you want me to post them up?

My sheets list the part #'s for the actual mouldings, but not the trim clips. I dug through my 86 Body manual and found that there are 2 partial part #'s listed for the 2 different types of clips on the rear glass. For the side and top moulding retainer clips, Ford has # 42413 listed. For the longer clips used to attach the bottom window moulding, Ford has # 42487 listed.
    86 Mercury Capri GS 2.3L
    11 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L
    10 Ford Focus SE 2.0L

New User

thanks ethangsmith