Close

Default Recaro Seat Straps

I just finished replacing the seat bottom straps on my '79 Pace Car Recaro Seats. I purchased the strap replacements from Aardvarc Racing after seeing a previous post in the forums. It was actually very easy to remove the seats. The old straps were either broken, had hardened in 40 years and were stretched. The seat brackets needed grease badly, and also needed painting. I removed the rust, painted and greased them up so they slide like new. Afterwards I replaced the seat straps one by one, tieing all the straps down with the hog rings that were provided in the kit. The hog ring pliers I got from Harbor Freight. The work came out absolutely great. No more sinking into the seat when driving, or riding in the passenger seat. I do still need to get some new foam inserts for the seat, but that's for a later day. Some pics below.

Name:  MustangSeat1.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  95.8 KB
    Old Seat Straps

Name:  MustangSeat2.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  90.1 KB
    Old Seat Straps

Name:  MustangSeat3.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  107.2 KB

New Seat Straps

Name:  MustangSeat4.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  86.8 KB
    New Seat Straps

Very cool. Thanx for posting.
    conmech - aka Marshall
    Pending build-1983 Mercury Capri RS NOT staying as it left the showroom floor......
    Sonic blue pearl, sand beige, netted halos, FR500 wheels and shiny under the hood.