Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I'm back too....LOL

Still here. Haven't posted in a while. Need to line up a new job before I can get back to work on the '83.

I've been so negligent here. But life has moved me away from constant tinkering with the Capri. I only drove it maybe twice this summer due to work and health issues. But I need to commit to get back into it in 2020 and get more active here. I've been here since nearly the beginning and used to post a lot. I need to make it a priority to get a little more active again.
    86 Mercury Capri GS 2.3L
    11 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L
    10 Ford Focus SE 2.0L

19 Years of Foureyedpride.com

I have not been on here in a couple years for the most part.
    Been watching the last few days and WOW, things have sure slowed WAY down here.....any idea why?

Biz, I think a lot of folks have moved to Facebook groups and things like that. I was actually surprised to see this as active as it is. Some of the other stuff I'm involved with is completely dead and I don't do FB.

Damn FB !! I am not a fan....well that sucks!

Still here after all these years, but rarely post anything. Still messing with the same 86 I've had for 16 yrs.
    86 GT 363 w/80mm turbo-currently under construction
    19 F-150 Lariat Supercrew-DD

I tend to check on the tect sections every couple of months, but with cars that are mostly behaving I don't have a need to post much. I do need to finish some of my tech threads as I often link them to people on FB to answer questions.

Most of my time these last two years have been consumed with work and looking for a house...err... Garage with living quarters.
    If you blink at the end of the straight away you'll miss the twisties and what fun would that be!
    1982 Capri RS 5.0L
    Suspension Build http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...tion-and-Build
    1985 SVO 2A & leather. Stolen & Destroyed 2022
    Motor Build http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=63505
    Dyno stats and exhaust install http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...Dyno-d-finally
    My FMIC build http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...-amp-D-project
    Electronic boost controller and bypass valve
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...d-Bypass-Valve
    Opperation SVO Tunes http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...51#post1148551

Quote Originally Posted by SchoolBoy View Post
    I tend to check on the tect sections every couple of months, but with cars that are mostly behaving I don't have a need to post much. I do need to finish some of my tech threads as I often link them to people on FB to answer questions.

Most of my time these last two years have been consumed with work and looking for a house...err... Garage with living quarters.
    Well dont be a stranger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2017 Ford Explorer Sport (DD) 1986 Capri 5.0 Silver/Red
    1969 Falcon XW GTHO coupe (SOLD) went to Australia
    Past 4 eyes-
    4th. 1981 Capri "White" Black Magic I6
    3rd. 1984 Capri RS V8 Black/grey
    2nd. 1984 Capri RS V8 White/red
    1st. 1984 SVO Grey/grey (traded it for a worn out 1970 BOSS 302)
    Both '84 Capri's vin# were 10 away from each other
    U.S. NAVY 1980-2009

I lurk about once every week or so, mostly in the restoration and classifieds sections.
    1979 Mustang Indy 500 Pace Car
    Modified Mustangs Aug, 2006 Feature Car

2016 Shelby GT350

2015 F150 2.7 Ecoboost

I'm back. Got side tracked with some other builds, houses and family. Can't stand Facebook but it's all consuming of the internet these days. Can't stand Facebook. Saw a few people saying to make Forums great again. I agreed and realized now is the time.

Sadly. I feel like I have forgotten everything lol
    84 20th Anny 2.3Turbo #1978
    84 Turbo GT 11.70@120MPH 418RWHP
    89 41X Coupe 2200 miles
    96 Mystic Cobra Terminator swap

[QUOTE=GT350R;1918452]I'm back. Got side tracked with some other builds, houses and family. Can't stand Facebook but it's all consuming of the internet these days. Can't stand Facebook. Saw a few people saying to make Forums great again. I agreed and realized now is the time.

Sadly. I feel like I have forgotten everything

Same here.. I'm old school. Im a lurker more than anything here, perhaps i should start my build thread that I've been throwing my cash at!
    1968 mustang, 1986 mustang gt... One done, one still slow.

I'm still here. Check in here and there to see what's happening. Hoping to be out and around more in 2020 and see more FEP members again.
    Rob

A build thread is not a bad idea at all. Although I'm embarrassed to say my car was taken apart over 10 years ago. Just so many aspects of it I could never decide how I wanted each detail.
    I had my other turbo GT the whole time , built a 66 restomod , and did a Terminator swapped Mystic. Not to mention a dozen or so other cars i sold
    Last edited by GT350R; 02-06-2020 at 12:39 AM.
    84 20th Anny 2.3Turbo #1978
    84 Turbo GT 11.70@120MPH 418RWHP
    89 41X Coupe 2200 miles
    96 Mystic Cobra Terminator swap

Quote Originally Posted by GT350R View Post
    Can't stand Facebook but it's all consuming of the internet these days. Saw a few people saying to make Forums great again. I agreed and realized now is the time.
    I'm the same way, can't understand the fascination with facebook or how people can keep their nose buried in it all day. The Forum format is so much better, but we who feel that way are obviously in the minority now and I don't see the Forums making a comeback.

Personally I'm still a Forum junkie and have several that I visit every day. Some of them are still going strong and others are obviously on their deathbed.

Sadly. I feel like I have forgotten everything
    You're not alone there. My son is currently working on a '67 Mustang project car and since he's much more familiar with modern cars he sometimes asks me questions relating to the old school stuff. It's been 15 years since I built my car and some of the things I thought I knew well at that time I can't remember anymore. Good thing you can find the answer to any question on the internet.
    408/T5/3.73's

We're not fast racers, we're more what's known as half fast racers.

I check in pretty much daily. Sadly most of the forums have died and Fakebook and Instagram have taken over. I wish the forums would come back, but I feel that's never gonna happen.
    Keith formerly STLPONDS
    '79 V8 coupe in the works!
    Build thread http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=89153

Forums book mark stuff real well, thus one is better than Stang Net and other more advanced forum platforms.

brianj, Trey and Shelbys jokes have kept me here and happy.

I facebook, but dont like the AI RPM

The A is Advertorial,

and sure as heck dont like the big I; the Invasiveness.

Nor the RPM act

the divide and conquer shot gun shower blast of
    Religon,
    Politics

and thePing Te$t di$cu$$ion$ on what ima gonna do wit my Money.

Here, I got good friends who'll call me out, help, and its all easy to access without trying to click bait the hyperbole.

And you got Fox Stangs everywhere, that look really awesome. And there aint nothing funnier than a CFi working with stock parts and 180 hp and 3000 pounds blowing the doors of Nissans and Toyotas.

Since I can’t stomach Facebook tech and advice, I’m trying to make forums great again.
    86 Capri-84 LTD a wagon-85 notch-86 notch

I lurk. I took a job overseas two years ago and left the 85 GT in storage in the States. Bought a 88 LX coupe and have been restoring that for the past two years. Being it's an aero car I haven't posted up any of the build progress.

I've really slowed down on the forum posting. It's hard for me to keep answering the same questions people have knowing they will just do whatever they want to do anyways in the end. I'm getting too set in my ways I guess to care about peoples cars that are flights of fancy. I love helping people but if you're only going to sell the car in less than a year after something else shiny catches your eye, then I don't have time for that.
    Black 1985 GT: 408w, in the 6's in the 1/8 mile
    Bimini Blue 1988 LX 5.0 Coupe 5-speed, Hellion turbo, zero options
    Grabber Yellow 1973 Mustang Mach 1: 351c, toploader
    Black 2012 5.0 GT, 6-speed, Brembo brakes, 3.73's
    Wimbledon White 1966 F-100 Shortbed Styleside, 390, Tremec 3550, FiTech EFI

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123