Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck W View Post
    I think I'd rather have the wipe full length, personally. Good job at making those work, though.

When I did the dew wipes on the LTS, I wound up using a piece that was originally the outer piece for the rear window of a Full-size Bronco. Discovered it in a Google search. PN for the outer is D8TZ-9841610-A. (A lot of places sell both the inner and outer as a kit) I think mine came from Dennis Carpenter.

They are roughly 4' long and use the stock-style clips.

The clips are removable/usable though. While most of the clips on the new piece lined up with the originals, a few didn't. To relocate them, you just pry the two little tabs open on the back side and remove the clip from the strip. Then I just drilled 2 small holes, big enough for those tabs to go through at the new location. Then install the clip and bend the tabs back into place. They're a little shorter than the TBird stuff below the window line, but the same elsewhere.

One of the Bronco pieces was enough to do one side of the LTS, and should be more than enough for a TBird.

My TBird needs new dew wipes as well, and I was going to investigate this route when I get around to doing them.
    Thank you sir! I got these Fairchild dew wipes because I saw them on coolcats. They're 48" long too so I cut about 6" off each one. They do the job, but no clips is a drawback. If I ever do dew wipes again I'll definitely use those Bronco dew wipes.

Quote Originally Posted by ZEN50 View Post
    Matt,
    Odd that yours came without the clips attached. I had ordered this last year from Rockauto and it came with the clips. I tried using these on my metal trim piece but center section wanted to move with window, like sliding up. Do you have any issues with it moving with the window operation?
    Attachment 138350
    Did you order the same part number I did 1369-4x2? I got the part number from coolcats website. I haven't had any issues with the center of dew wipe trying to slide up. I was wondering if it would slide up without the clips, but I watched it when I rolled the window up and down and it didn't move. The trim with the dew wipe riveted on is pretty solid.
    Matt
    1984 Thunderbird -- 1989 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake, Edelbrock 600 4bbl, 85 Mustang dizzy, Jegs o/r h pipe, Dynomax mufflers, Mustang AOD & shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, Mustang front & rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 TC struts & shocks, and Mustang 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT hatch -- Explorer intake, GT40 heads with Trick Flow spring kit, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, 70mm MAF, 70mm throttle body, o/r H pipe, Dynomax mufflers, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 Deluxe handle, clutch quadrant & firewall adjuster, and 3.27s
    (86 Mercury Cougar 5.0, 89 Lincoln Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 80 Mercury Zephyr 4 door) sold

FEP Power Member

Yeah, same part number. Did yours have this additional piece attached to it about midway?
    Name:  dewwipe2.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  155.9 KB
    '86 GT - weekend driver
    '86 Capri 5.0
    '86 Turbo Coupe
    '17 Mustang GT
    '23 BRONCO

That's wild. I think Fairchild must have revised the dew wipe design. No mine didn't have the piece in the middle. It was just smooth with nothing attached to it.
    Matt
    1984 Thunderbird -- 1989 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake, Edelbrock 600 4bbl, 85 Mustang dizzy, Jegs o/r h pipe, Dynomax mufflers, Mustang AOD & shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, Mustang front & rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 TC struts & shocks, and Mustang 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT hatch -- Explorer intake, GT40 heads with Trick Flow spring kit, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, 70mm MAF, 70mm throttle body, o/r H pipe, Dynomax mufflers, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 Deluxe handle, clutch quadrant & firewall adjuster, and 3.27s
    (86 Mercury Cougar 5.0, 89 Lincoln Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 80 Mercury Zephyr 4 door) sold

FEP Power Member

Weird ...... I ordered the Bronco piece from Rockauto and should have it here soon. It's actually listed as a FAIRCHILD F2027. Will report to how that matches up to the 1369-4x2 piece.
    '86 GT - weekend driver
    '86 Capri 5.0
    '86 Turbo Coupe
    '17 Mustang GT
    '23 BRONCO

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345