Ok, I've read through multiple threads here on power windows, but I am still not quite getting to the cause of my issue.

I'd never had any window issues in this car (1986 GT Hatch, which I've owned since it was new), but last week my son lowered the passenger window using passenger side switch. I later closed it using the driver side switched, then he opened it again about 15 minutes later. When I went to close it an hour after that it wouldn't respond at all from either the driver side switch or the passenger side switch.

The driver side window continues to work fine. And the power locks work fine on both doors. I just can't get the passenger window up now.

Fuse is fine (and I understand if the fuse is the issue then both windows would be dead anyway).

I removed the passenger door panel and I had an extra window motor, so I plugged it in to the harness. Nothing.

I used a multimeter to get some readings at the switch and leads going into the window motor:
  • Both of the wires going from the switch to the motor read 11.34v when I press the switch downward
  • Neither of the wires going from the switch to the motor read anything when pressing the switch upward

So at this point it seems I've ruled out the motor itself, since I plugged in a new one and that didn't do anything either.

And it seems I know that at least something is happening at the switch (11.34v to the leads going to the motor when switch pressed down)

But I am not sure that is normal.
And I am also not sure what (if any) value I should be seeing on the leads to the window motor when I press the switch up? Right now I don't get any value measurement at all when I press the switch up.

Appreciate any advice you can give.

Thanks!
-Eric