Close

Thread: code 92

Default code 92

Greetings everyone:

I have only one code now although the 86GT is running quite well. I still have code 92 and am almost certain the driver's side cylinder head exhaust tube is partially plugged. Any advice on how to clean that out without removing the head? Rather not do that just yet. Seems that something flexible but solid enough to clean it out with the help of a shop vac would do the trick but as there isn't much room back there to start... Well hopefully someone can give me some hints. Thanks much.
    Cheers.

I cleaned both heads on my Saleen years ago without removing them. I removed the rear tube and the front accessories from the heads as well as the headers. In one of the bolt holes of the head is a plug. You need to remove that and then you can rod out the head from front to back. I got one plug out fairly easily but the other I had to drill and use an easy out. Then I had to replace it. I used a coat hanger and a long pipe cleaner to clean the heads out, along with a bunch of brake clean and compressed air. I had a lot of crud in both of mine. There are small air ports that go into the headers that need cleaned as well so that is why I suggested to take the header off. I was putting on some Ford Motorsport headers on so I had mine off anyway. Its a time consuming job but after I was done, I had no more codes and I passed smog.
    67 Mustang Coupe
    96 Tangerine GT
    86 Saleen #179