Close

Default Can someone take a measurement for me? 302 block - flywheel.

I'm trying to find the distance from the back bellhousing mounting surface of a 302 block to the outer surface of the flywheel(fox mustang) where the clutch mounts. Doesn't have to be exact, within .050" will probably cut it. If anyone has a Block out of car with a flywheel bolted up to the crank, that would be awesome, much appreciated.

I'm bolting a SHO V6 to a TKO 600 with a TKO-302 lakewhood bellhousing, using a custom made adapter plate. I have a custom mustang flywheel that bolts to the SHO crank and I'll need to space the flywheel out to compensate for the adapter so the starter engagement will be correct. Thanks in advance.

I used to own a couple of SHOs. Those engines liked to rev. Is this going in a Fox? Would love to see pics. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Present: '84.5 Mustang GT T-top, '06 Mazdaspeed6
    Past: '79 5.0 Capri, '86 Buick GN, '90 Mustang GT, '92 SHO, '95 SHO
    Browse cover pages of my Fox Chassis related library

Sounds bad ass. Any boost? I will get an engine put together soon to see if no one chimes in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have my transmission, bell housing and clutch plate out of my ‘83 5.0 if that helps at all. Block isn’t coming out of the car again anytime soon though!

I actually came to this forum after being away for a long time, to get some help with a seized pilot bearing.
    1983 5.0 GT convertible. Restored 2011 - 2014

No help from me however I owned two SHOs in the past with bolt-ons and loved them! Good luck with your project and plz post your build pics