Close

Default Stock Block 347 Head Suggestions

Ok so I have a stock block 347 with E6 heads. Yes, I built a 347 with stock heads. Engine needed a bottom end and my budget at the time was either heads or a bottom end. Can't have a running engine with only heads. Anyway, I would really love AFRs but they're out of my price range. Any opinions on SVE, Flo Tek, or Promaxx? I'm a firm believer of you get what you pay for but those have to be better than what I have. Maybe even edelbrock? The car is mostly street driven with a carb and T5. Although I am interested in doing the 1/4 mile at my closest track during the season. I've done it once in the car for a test n tune. I know these heads are holding it back badly.

FEP Member

I've been looking at these, they claim these are NOT ProComp and his physical store is about 45 minutes from me.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-289-30...19.m1438.l2649

Quote Originally Posted by chevelle21 View Post
    Ok so I have a stock block 347 with E6 heads. Yes, I built a 347 with stock heads. Engine needed a bottom end and my budget at the time was either heads or a bottom end. Can't have a running engine with only heads. Anyway, I would really love AFRs but they're out of my price range. Any opinions on SVE, Flo Tek, or Promaxx? I'm a firm believer of you get what you pay for but those have to be better than what I have. Maybe even edelbrock? The car is mostly street driven with a carb and T5. Although I am interested in doing the 1/4 mile at my closest track during the season. I've done it once in the car for a test n tune. I know these heads are holding it back badly.
    save your money and get the good heads the first time
    Stephen Johnson
    SS/D 427 Ford Fairlane NHRA-IHRA
    National Record Holder 9.49 @ 139mph
    1985 Mustang daily driver
    10.88mph 125mph N/A 337

There's only two aftermarket inline valve heads for an sbf. Tfs Street Heats and everything else. Keep an eye open or put out a want ad. You can score a set complete for under a grand if you hustle.

I have a set of AFR 185s for sale if you are interested. Jessel shaft mount rockers. Ferrea hollow stem valves. Beehive springs. Nothing on these will ever break.
    Jack Hidley
    Maximum Motorsports Tech Support