Close

Default budget friendly gt40p intake & carb?

so I picked up a cheap 84 ltd and I'm trying to build a cheap little street/strip car. It'll be driven 1-2 days a week during nice weather, and taken to the drag strip probably 2 times a month during the track season.

goal for the car is to have a fun street car, that will run 11's on a 150 shot.

the engine is a stock long block with upgraded springs and probably an ecam (budget build and you can find them dirt cheap used.) To further disappoint, I'll probably use the stock rockers. I do plan on upgrading the springs.

I've had lots of foxes, but none were ever carbed, so it's new territory for me.

From what I've gathered, I'd probably be happiest with a dual plane intake. Something like a edelbrock performer rpm or air gap, weiand shealth (questionable quality?), or something along those lines? Whatever I get will be used.

As for the carb, I thought I would spend a little money here, and just go new. Lookin at the edelbrock avs2 1509. At 650cfm, is it going to be to big? Any better budget friendly carb recommendations? Manual choke is okay with me.
    My Previous Stangs:
    86 GT, t-tops, 5 speed.
    87 GT, sunroof, 5 speed.
    88 GT, sunroof, 5 speed.
    89 LX, Sunroof, Roller (project)
    90 Coupe, LX, 2.3, 5 speed.

I have a 82 Fairmont, your on the heavier side. Welcome to carb life! Much better imo. Eddy air gap is best for pushing it without nitrous but might loose a .1-.2 from a good single when spraying. But the single runs like a dog under 2500 with our heavier cars and no good gears. I am putting a 2500 stall to hopefully fix this. One up you have is the heads. Ecam or a Bcam I think the B will be better for N2o.

650 is a bit big I ran one for a while but with the single I would kinda foul plugs with lite driving. The msd fixed that. But it would be better for your nitrous. I currently have a 600 but I don’t like vacuum secondary’s. So once I get the cam/head combo right I will put the 650 back in. My car is a daily and once I fix this trans leak it I will prob do the same and spray it with a good 150 shot as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk