Close

Default 84 LTD 3.8 front accessories on a 5.0?

I got an 84 ltd with the 3.8. I'm swapping it over to a 5.0. Are the 3.8 front accessories and brackets going to swap over to the 5.0? If not, anybody ever run the front accessories on their 5.0 swap? Just trying to figure out the cheapest/easiest way of doing this.
    My Previous Stangs:
    86 GT, t-tops, 5 speed.
    87 GT, sunroof, 5 speed.
    88 GT, sunroof, 5 speed.
    89 LX, Sunroof, Roller (project)
    90 Coupe, LX, 2.3, 5 speed.

No. The front dress is very different. I used the PS pump, with some minor mods but, the rest of the dress was a no go.

Quote Originally Posted by 4eyedblind View Post
    No. The front dress is very different. I used the PS pump, with some minor mods but, the rest of the dress was a no go.
    If the ltd accessories wont work, what would be the easiest set to get to work?
    My Previous Stangs:
    86 GT, t-tops, 5 speed.
    87 GT, sunroof, 5 speed.
    88 GT, sunroof, 5 speed.
    89 LX, Sunroof, Roller (project)
    90 Coupe, LX, 2.3, 5 speed.

I'm curious about this too. Is the AC compressor the the same on V8 & V6s? Other than that, the alternator and power steering pump should be simple by using V8 brackets.

The alternator is diff on the 3.8 as well. It's a 1G and the mount points are different than the 2G. I made the 1 G work in my 88 engine in my 86 with some fangling. The PS pump is the same, with a larger pulley. I use them to underdrive the ps pump to get better steering feel. Cheapest way, if you have a JY locally, is to just find any 5.0 engine and strip all its front dress.