Close

Threaded View

Default Thunderbird Number 2 -1988 V6

I found a beautiful 1988 TBird on Marketplace and going to drop $600 for it. Has new tires, and snow tires on rims included also. The car was owned by a woman who took incredible care to it. Paint is shiny and even, interior is spotless and everything works, all electric items, AC, heater, etc. Dash lights all working good and gauges are doing their jobs. This is a V6 fuel injected of course and the engine compartment is just got road dust under it. No leaking under car and dry.
    The one problem is, since it has been parked a short time the fuel pump seems to be stuck or has went out. I have replaced fuel pumps on TBirds and its not a chore at all. Simply drop tank pull pump mechanism and replace or free it up to working. Then rinse tank out and reinstall.
    I feel I am getting a great deal, even it takes a little more work to get it going, but the guy said it ran well before he parked it before it failed to start. I couldn't hear a pump noise when key was turned, so Maybe a rap with a mallet might give it a little jolt or going right to the wires with direct 12 volts to pump.
    I noticed a couple recalls also on the 88, though I think they have been completed. Just wondered what thoughts are on the 88 tbird. Hard to pass up such an immaculate car as this. Posted pics to view.Name:  2.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  63.5 KBName:  3.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  59.7 KBName:  1.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  64.9 KBName:  4.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  59.5 KB
    Last edited by Bradmph; 09-13-2019 at 06:19 PM.
    1985 Thunderbird
    Registry Number: 56919
    Lorain, OH. #151041
    Only 811 T-Birds Followed It.
    1988 Thunderbird
    Registry Number: 80084
    Lorain, OH. #111106
    36,137 T-Birds Followed it.