Close

Default Starting Issues 1983 Mustang GLX V6 Automatic

I've owned my 1983 Mustang GLX V6 Automatic Convertible about a year now and it has been driving great but I have had a recurring starting problem(s). In one year I have gone through 5 "neutral safety switches" (Standard NS27) and numerous times during the week my clock will reset to 12:00. My battery is brand new, my battery cables and connectors are brand new. My transmission itself has been recently serviced and deemed in great shape (drives as if it is also) What do you think keeps making my neutral safety switch blow? Why does my clock intermittently reset back to 12:00? They don't happen concurrently either BTW they are random occurrences. Has anyone had this issue before?

The two issues are probably not related.

I would guess the clock is loosing power and resetting its self. Yet unplugging the clock and cleaning the contacts.

The neutral safety switch may just be bad parts. I’ve had a lot of replacement electrical parts fail quickly. Be glad you’re not trying to source quality points! I bet If you could find an nos switch it would last forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk