Close

Default 85 mustang gt EGR valve

Hey can somebody tell me how to hook up my egr the old one had like a ring or spacer whatever but the new one has extra pieces
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Kimbe123; 09-12-2019 at 12:38 AM.

Those little extra pieces are the flow restrictors. Measure the inside diameter of the EGR valve that you took off and find one of the "extra" pieces with the same inside diameter. Install the new flow restrictor in the new EGR valve and lightly "stake" it at 2 locations to hold it in place while installing it.

Quote Originally Posted by JacksAO View Post
    Those little extra pieces are the flow restrictors. Measure the inside diameter of the EGR valve that you took off and find one of the "extra" pieces with the same inside diameter. Install the new flow restrictor in the new EGR valve and lightly "stake" it at 2 locations to hold it in place while installing it.
    So basically regardless the shape of the reing it's just the size of the inner diameter? The dirty one in the pic os the one thats originally from the old egr but I believe I threw the actual valve away.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Yep. Measure the diameter of the hole on the original (dirty) insert and then find one of the new inserts with the same diameter and install that into the new egr valve like in your 1st picture; just remember to lightly stake the new restrictor in place so that it doesn't move while you reinstall the valve assembly back onto the spacer plate.