Close

Default Exhaust, fuel line, frame connectors what order should I do them in?

So I've got 3 main things to do to my 84 and not sure what order to do them in. Don't want to have to redo stuff because of fitment issues. I will be running electric fuel pump with all new braided fuel line, maximum motorsports full length frame connectors and converting to full dual exhaust. Already have the bbk off road h-pipe, stifflers crossmember and the lmr dual exhaust conversion kit as well as the frame connectors.

So Should I be installing the exhaust first then frame connectors and finally fuel line?
    What say you? Lol
    Last edited by Sask84gt; 09-07-2019 at 12:32 PM.
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

Personally I would do the sub-frame connectors first. Then I would run my new fuel line. Last would be the exhaust.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    Personally I would do the sub-frame connectors first. Then I would run my new fuel line. Last would be the exhaust.
    Thanks Trey, do you not have to worry about welding connectors to close to where exhaust runs? Same with fuel line, I know because this car was originally a single exhaust and when converting to dual you have to move fuel line a bit because it runs to close to exhaust on passenger side. Would it make sense to run fuel line last so you can keep it away from where exhaust is? Sorry if they are Rookie questions, just trying to learn lol
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

Well exhaust has some wiggle room in places. Subframe connectors really don't, and fuel lines are easy to change and move.
    2 1986 cougars (both 4 eyed and 5.0)
    1 1987 cougar

Quote Originally Posted by Sask84gt View Post
    Thanks Trey, do you not have to worry about welding connectors to close to where exhaust runs? Same with fuel line, I know because this car was originally a single exhaust and when converting to dual you have to move fuel line a bit because it runs to close to exhaust on passenger side. Would it make sense to run fuel line last so you can keep it away from where exhaust is? Sorry if they are Rookie questions, just trying to learn lol
    I have installed many sets of the MM SFC and they need to be installed as instructed. Having the exhaust and the fuel lines out of the way makes everything much easier.

If you are going to follow the OEM fuel routing, then you can install that after the SFC and then install the exhaust. If you are running the fuel lines as you see fit, then I would install them last or at least hang the exhaust in place to help verify where you can clearance and room. Rough the fuel lines in place, then drop the exhaust back out, finish the fuel line install and finally refit the exhaust.

In my experience when making changes such as this to any Fox you will be test fitting, removing, tweaking, test fitting, and then finally installing several items and systems. Just par for the course when making these types of changes. Just putting in an aftermarket exhaust on an original dual exhaust Fox will often require the system be test fit, removed, tweaked, test fitted, tweaked, and then final install. Good Luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Ok,I will get rid of old fuel line, then install subframe connectors, then mock up exhaust then run fuel line.
    Thanks for the advice!
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt