Close

Default Floor under seat

I've just pulled the rear seat from my son's '81 Capri. The floor board where the lap belt is bolted to is like swiss cheese. Are there any aftermarket repair panels for this area or will we have to make our own? I don't think the new floor pans would go back this far. The sheet metal is the rounded area over the differential.

Found it. Seems LMR sells it.

I cut the rusted under seat ps floor area out. Can access control arm bolt, wheelwell, and do subframe rail repair from inside.
    Really saved time and grief replacing the ps lower control arm with that area open.
    Cleaned all the good metal and sprayed epoxy paint on.
    Of course floor section will be replaced with new metal.
    That area of the car sure rusts out bad.
    The rear seatbelt retracters are fastened to a wing like bracket that is welded to the sub frame channel

Are there many differences in the early fox year and post April 81 floor panels? I'm looking at buying the trunk and differential area replacement from LMR.

The 79-81 floor pan is different than the 82-93. There are even differences in the ribbing, etc between the 82/86 and the 87/93 pans. The replacement pans and sheet metal from LMR can be made to work, but you will have to make some modifications for them to fit. I can't say exactly what as depending on where and how you cut everything out will determine what you will need to fabricate or modify to make it all fit together. Obviously a donor 79-81 pan would be the best fit, but I am sure finding one would prove very difficult and time consuming. Best of Luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller