Close

Thread: Parking brake

Default Parking brake

It's been almost two years since I dismantled the parking brake on my 85 and converted it to cobra r rear discs. I used the North Race Cars kit and I bought their cables. What else do I need to hook up the e-brake? Thanks.
    "40 year old beercan on wheels with too much motor" erratic50

Assuming the calipers are the same 38mm Vargas that are used on the SN95's then all you need are the cables and hardware. Connect them to the lever on the caliper, route them where the stock cables ran and connect the other end to the equalizer on the parking brake lever in the DS tunnel. Should be pretty straightforward.
    Thomas

1985 Mustang GT - Build Thread
    347 (Stock Block, Scat Crank & Rods, Probe Pistons, 11:1 CR, AFR 185's, PP Crosswind Intake, Custom-ground Comp Hyd Roller Cam, Scorpion 1.6 Roller Rockers, Holley 3310-4), T-5, 8.8 w/3.55's, MM SFC's, T/A, PHB, LCA's, Strut Tower Brace, K-Member Brace, Bilstein HD Struts/Shocks, MM/H&R Springs, SN95 5-Lug, Cobra Brakes, '04 Mach 1 Steering Rack

I'm missing pieces. My question is what parts do I need from the old lever to the new cables?

Name:  IMG_5807.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  100.1 KB
    I found this piece. Will this attach to the ebrake lever or is there some other setup? LMR has a kit but it's for 87-93 stangs.

There should be a threaded rod with a hook on the end that is on the E brake handle. The equalizer bracket (on the right in your picture) hooks on the end of the rod and the cable ends hook into the equalizer.

The two clips on the left of your picture are located on the underside of the body near the torque boxes towards the pinch weld to guide the cables and keep them away from the rear tires. Good Luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller