Close

Default A pillar behind fender rubber

I got this 4 pc rubber plug kit from LMR and I can only find two plugs between the fender and frame. I cant see where the smaller plugs are supposed to go. Does anyone have pics of these locations?

https://lmr.com/item/PE-990/1979-93-...r-Rubber-Plugs

FEP Senior Member

They go in the two holes between the hinges. The passenger side will have a 3rd hold for the antenna.
    Join The Conversation
    http://www.youtube.com/basinmotorsports

'86 Hatchback V6 / Auto Restomod (For Sale)

Quote Originally Posted by Basin Motorsports View Post
    They go in the two holes between the hinges. The passenger side will have a 3rd hold for the antenna.
    Mine doesnt have holes or plugs between the hinges. I found two old plugs behind the fenders. I was able to squeeze my fingers in with the door open. I notice the replacement plugs are a little smaller diameter than the originals.

Also, I Goggled the part number stamped into the smaller plugs and found this diagram online showing 2 spots that appear to be between the firewall and the fender. I may pull out a wheel well to see whats in between the fender and the firewall. I been meaning to do that anyway because I want to follow the thin plastic vacuum line that starts at the A/C vacuum tee on the firewall and goes to a hole in the inner fender wall. I wanted to replace all that vacuum line with fresh tubing.

Gonna have to wait awhile though as Im having surgery next week and dont know how long I'll be recovering.

Name:  376966-S.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  115.8 KB

Name:  Resized_20190827_165620_5407.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  16.0 KB

Name:  Resized_20190827_171443_5215.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  39.0 KB