Close

Default Anyone have 'profile' pics of seals?

I am not asking about dating a sea creature...

Looking to replace the trunk seal that NOBODY carries, but I know there should be significant range of 'this should do the job'. Can someone post pics of what their trunk/hatch Mustang weatherstrip looks like, maybe with a ruler for reference?

The trunk seal on the Granada is essentially a channel to 'pinch' the sheet steel with a bulbous seal above. Pretty basic. If a Mustang trunk seal is similar, it should keep the water out which is what I care about. I had one retailer almost laugh at my incompetence in knowing they were different and 'almost nothing Mustang can possibly work'. Anyway, want to compare and see for myself.

I need to see it from the end. Make sense? I ran out of hands so no ruler to compare...Name:  Seal trunk.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  102.8 KB

To that end, I got the same response when asking about dew wipes and window run channel for this 4-door. He said I could not possibly cut them down from a Mustang and make them work. I searched, and it seems I CAN use a Mustang run channel, cut shorter, and it seems a Bronco tailgate wipe will work as a dew wipe, again, cut down shorter and maybe adjust the clips. Can anyone also confirm that?
    Last edited by richpet; 08-24-2019 at 12:07 PM.
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

This should work.... https://weatherstripdepot.com/collec...ang-trunk-seal

I got this for a friends Tempo and it worked fine.

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

That will work dandilly. Is that a word? Anyway, thanks!
    I will check their site out for dew wipes and window run channel.
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"