Close

Default 86 Mustang Notchback 2.3L Turbo

I keep thinking I'll get around to it, but it just sits there in the driveway fading away to the elements... Anyway...

It's an 86 Mustang Notchback, 51K miles on the odometer. Paint is shot, interior is faded with plastics getting chalky, rust in the rockers and floors but the frame rails, strut towers, etc are fine. It's ugly, but it's got a clean current title, it's tagged, with a good battery, starts, runs, drives.

Now that's out of the way... It's got a freshly rebuilt 2.3L Turbocharged engine! It's a late block from a XR4TI with one piece pan gasket, so it doesn't leak like the Exxon Valdez. It got a large valve, fully ported Boport head with the rebuild, along with a roller cam. E6 exhaust manifold, .60/.63 SVO turbo, 35lb injectors, Kirban AFPR, LA3 ECM, BIG VAM, Stinger FMIC, Stinger 3" to dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster LX catback with dual chrome/stainless pipes, 87 T5 trans, Pro-5.0 shifter, 8.8 3.55 traclock rear, 87-93 5.0 front brake conversion, 86-93 5.0 brake lines all the way to the back to clear the dual exhaust, 16" Pony wheels, 5.0 sway bars, 5.0 steering, and more. There's really too much to list!

Everything mechanical has been rebuilt, refurbed, or salvaged from lower mileage cars. I built it to be driven, and it works really well for a modded car. Just looks shabby. Needs a windshield (cracked), tires (dry rotted), and some patches in the floor or dare-devil spirit to ignore the road going by, and it'd drive anywhere. The exterior is currently a charming variety of primer/sealers, cheap flat black rattle can, and stock light blue shining through, with all the weathering it's a real "Two Lane Blacktop" kind of patina that some people really dig. Realistically the car, aside from the parts that make it run and drive, need complete restoration. Or pop rivet some road signs and old license plates over the holes and go hurt someone's feelings... The options are endless. Got a beautiful base model with a no-thrills drivetrain? Here's a turn key, bolt in drivetrain that rips!

Interior is currently out so you can see the extent of the rust, but it comes with the car. I wouldn't drive on the current tires, but it'll drive onto your trailer under it's own power. $5,500 Email me for fastest response - predatorman at hotmail.com

If you're not ready to come load it up in Salina Kansas, don't bother me.

Last edited by Jimmy2.3Mustang; 06-01-2020 at 12:45 PM.
    1986 Mustang Notch, 2.3L Turbo Project

Wow I thought you would of sold this by now..
    Current rides:
    89 LX 5.0, 5 -spd..the Lemon
    86 RS Capri 5.0 Auto...
    86 LX Colorado SSP 5.0 5-spd (Sadly Sold)
    85.5 SVO, Finally Got Boost
    83 RS Capri 5.0, 5-spd (another sadly sold)

You'd think... I list it for awhile, quietly, then pull the listings or forget about it, then some time passes and I think about working on it again, then the reality of having 4 other cars sets in, and I list it again... I'm a lot better at buying cars than selling them. I'd rather not sell the car locally to some nitwit that'll just trash it, so in the interest of sending it to a good home where it'll be appreciated, I usually only list it on forums. Idk, maybe it needs to go to Ebay to get a wide enough audience.

As is typical, I've gotten a few requests for more photos. I've had enough interested parties ghost me after taking the time to send them lots of info and multiple photos, that I'm really not interested in entertaining people. In the interest of getting as much info as possible out to everyone, I took a short walk-around video of the car, highlighting the rust issues, along with a cold start video to show the car starts and runs just about perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o1UOJFVFvU

Interesting car. I miss my old 84 GT Turbo. Your car is tempting me, dang it LOL
    Mike

Now stang-less.

88 Cougar 5.0

I've gotten lots of nibbles... Had a few different people emailing me for months at a time, one emails me once a year for the past THREE years. It'd be really nice if someone who appreciated it would come get it.

In theory when the other project car is finished, if the Mustang is still sitting here, I might get around to patching the holes and giving it a better paint job... I've just got too much other stuff I want to work on.

Winter is upon us, Final 2019 Holiday Season Bump!

It bears repeating - If you're not ready to come load it up in Salina Kansas, don't bother me.

That means - Don't :
    - Ask for photos
    - Ask questions
    - Make low ball offers
    - Waste my time
    Unless you understand and have a plan to transport the car from it's present location. If you can't figure out how to get it home, figure that out before you contact me.

Drove it today for the first time in a long while. As usual, hit key, engine started right up. Let it run up to operating temp, drove about a mile, pulled back into it's parking place. Lots of fun, just needs someone who wants to spend the time working on it.

Love the build! Cool car.
    John Brown
    1986 Mustang LX Coupe
    Instagram @wilwaxu
    Facebook @wilwaxu

Still for sale?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1985 Mustang GT.. Stock.. Should I keep it that way.. we'll see.

Barely... It's still here, but the window to buy the car is closing fast. June 1st the plates expire, and whenever I spend money on it, I figure I need to get that much more good out of the car.