Close

FEP Senior Member

Default New BBK 5.0 Headers/Cobra WP Pulley/Kirbin Kwik Shifter/Ford Racing Quadrant

New set of BBK unequal length 5.0 headers. These are Jet Hot ceramic coated. Gloss finish. A few scratches from sitting around. All hardware included. $399.99 new. Getting harder to find since BBK moved to a low gloss titanium coating. $340

New aftermarket Cobra water pump pulley. $50

New Kirban Kwik Shifter. Includes shifter base, lever and instructions. These were $179.99 new. No longer available from Kirban. $160

New Ford Racing clutch quadrant with instructions. $50

PM me if interested. Thanks, Mike

Name:  MVC-160S.JPG
Views: 189
Size:  26.3 KBName:  MVC-159S.JPG
Views: 183
Size:  45.3 KBName:  MVC-158S.JPG
Views: 191
Size:  33.9 KBName:  MVC-157S.JPG
Views: 179
Size:  33.4 KBName:  MVC-156S.JPG
Views: 187
Size:  34.7 KB
    Last edited by MIKE'SVO86; 06-17-2023 at 08:56 AM.
    Bleed Ford Blue! '84 Grabber Orange SVO, '88 Saleen 1 of 4 w/Automatic, '89 Steeda, '71 DeTomaso Pantera GT5 Wide Body EFI 4.6 DOHC...soon to be a Gen3 Coyote and some Old Ford Muscle w/ BB power. 1.21 Jigawatts!!?? PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT!
    State of Illinois - Taxation without Representation!

FEP Senior Member

More pics.Name:  MVC-163S.JPG
Views: 181
Size:  28.8 KBName:  MVC-162S.JPG
Views: 184
Size:  27.7 KBName:  MVC-161S.JPG
Views: 179
Size:  31.5 KB
    Bleed Ford Blue! '84 Grabber Orange SVO, '88 Saleen 1 of 4 w/Automatic, '89 Steeda, '71 DeTomaso Pantera GT5 Wide Body EFI 4.6 DOHC...soon to be a Gen3 Coyote and some Old Ford Muscle w/ BB power. 1.21 Jigawatts!!?? PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT!

Might be interested in the headers.

Would I still be able to access the spark plugs with a traditional socket if these were installed? Stock 86 motor and heads for reference.

If you’re unsure, that’s no problem. Just thought I’d float the question!
    1986 Mustang GT - 2A, 5 Sp
    2018 Subaru WRX (Daily)

Yes, those headers are just the unequal length version. I have them on my current build and as you can see it's easy to access the plugs. The equal length headers are a little more interesting but not too bad.
    And Mike is a VERY straight up guy!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Wow, thank you for the photo Rich, super helpful!

I’ve read great reviews on here regarding Mike as well.

Do I dare trust myself or a shop to remove the factory ones without breaking off any hardware due to age, and then install these bad boys? Or do I resist temptation and keep it stock? Eek. This forum is dangerous.

Awful tempting.
    2018 Subaru WRX (Daily)

Quote Originally Posted by ITdude87 View Post
    Do I dare trust myself or a shop to remove the factory ones without breaking off any hardware due to age, and then install these bad boys? Or do I resist temptation and keep it stock? Eek. This forum is dangerous.

Awful tempting.
    At least if you do it yourself, you could do multiple treatments, over several days, of penetrating fluid on those bolts. I'd definitely recommend that as a minimum. Plus you could go at them carefully. Unless you have a mechanic that would go above and beyond, I could see a shop just throwing an air gun and 150 psi at them. And while that may get them out, it's also a great way to just snap off bolts that have been in place for 35+ years. That would bring on a whole nother set of issues to deal with.
    1985 Mustang GT (Mothballed...Desired restomod parts acquired...Top of my project list for my 2024 retirement!)

Yeah, I’m too chicken. Some of you guys have balls of steel doing this kind of stuff, I gotta hand it to ya. I already have a cat back, so I’ll focus on an H-Pipe next since it’s far less risky and see where the sound ends up from there. Work my way back to front.

Sorry to spam your thread Mike.
    2018 Subaru WRX (Daily)

FEP Senior Member

No problem. If I still have them by FOX Fest, and you're still interested, let me know and I can bring them along.

Great reference pic Rich!

Sounds good to me.

Ideally I’d love to do the headers in addition the H to have a full exhaust setup. It’s just a matter of courage at this point for the headers. I’ll keep tabs on the thread in the meantime and keep you posted beforehand.

Worst case scenario we have a beer at Fox Fest.
    2018 Subaru WRX (Daily)

FEP Senior Member

Sounds good. The headers bolts I wouldn't be too concerned with removing. It's the collector studs and nuts at the H pipe that would be a concern. Soak the crap out them, several times and maybe even heat them up before making the attempt.

I second that Mike is an awesome guy to deal with. I have purchased several items from him over the years. Always as good if not better than described in regards to quality and never any issues with shipping, payments, etc. He really is a great guy to deal with.

I will also recommend Free All for nuts and bolts. Best stuff I have used in years. You can pick it up at OReilly's and its about $11 a can (used to be $. Has a citrus smell, not obnoxious like so many others. It has freed rusty and stuck hardware that nothing else would even budge. I always have a can in the garage. Good Luck!
    Last edited by wraithracing; 06-30-2023 at 08:30 AM. Reason: spelling
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

FEP Senior Member

Thanks Trey! We've done some trading over the years too. Always an easy transaction.

Hey Mike -

I'm going to pass on the headers for the time being. Appreciate you anyhow! Maybe you'll post something else that catches my eye in the future :-)

See ya at Fox Fest!
    2018 Subaru WRX (Daily)

FEP Senior Member

No problem. What are you looking for? LOL See you there.

I don't really know what I'm looking for until I see it, that's the problem. My car is pretty buttoned up stock which is what I'm ultimately going for.

I always like to look at Motorsport trinkets and accessories, and I can see myself doing an H pipe (and then possibly headers down the line)...but other than that?
    2018 Subaru WRX (Daily)