Close

Default Pics of non-mustang 5 lug wheel

Looking for some non-mustang 5 lug wheel, either in aluminum or black

Size 17x8, 17x9, or 17x10(I know this one is hard to do)

Anyone have some pictures and recommendations

Will be going on a 83 GT

Thanks
    "V/I is Futile"
    ---------------------
    1982 Capri RS 5.0
    1983 Mustang GT 5.0
    2014 Mustang GT 5.0

How did you swap to 5 lugs? The spindle/brake setup you have used will determine what aftermarket wheels will fit.

Also what type of wheels do you like, basket weave/mesh, 5 spoke, multi-spoke, classic muscle car, modern, directional, etc. There are a ton of wheels out there that can be made to fit, but your choices will be limited by what type of offset/backspacing you need. More information on your current setup will help others to give you ideas and advice. Good Luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    How did you swap to 5 lugs? The spindle/brake setup you have used will determine what aftermarket wheels will fit.
    Will be doing standard SVE Cobra Spec 5 lug (13"/11.65") on SN-95 spindles. Will be doing the MM rear traction package (panhard bar and torque arm) upgrade when I install the 8.8 rear end.

I just do not like the look of most standard mustang rims.
    I like the Focal F-20 or enkie PS01
    Name:  Focal-448SB-F20-1.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  30.2 KBName:  enkie ps01.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  10.9 KB
    "V/I is Futile"
    ---------------------
    1982 Capri RS 5.0
    1983 Mustang GT 5.0
    2014 Mustang GT 5.0

The next question that will affect your wheel fitment will be which SN95 spindles. If using the stock K member you want the 94/95 spindles and if aftermarket K member the 96-04 are the ones you want. That affects your front track width that again can affect what backspacing/offset works for your Mustang.

Another question will be are you going rear disc brake setup? If so what axles are you going to use? That again will affect rear track width and what backspacing/offset works.

As for your wheel choice, I think what you will find is that many of the aftermarket wheels designed for the 350/370Z and many Lexus vehicles may work for you. Up front with a 17x8 wheel you want @ 30mm offset, 9" @ 24mm offset. The rear again will depend on your brake/axle setup. Generally the 9" @ 24mm and the 10" @ 20-25mm again it will vary depending on your setup. There are many options out there, you can do a search on Ebay using the 5x114.3 bolt pattern and then the wheel diameter to help narrow things down. Good Luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

FEP Senior Member Patrick Olsen's Avatar

There's an old thread over on Corral with non-Mustang wheel options. Unfortunately, the vast majority of the picture links are dead, but you can maybe get some wheel names to search for - https://forums.corral.net/forums/whe...cs-please.html. As stated above, there are lots of Japanese cars that use the 5x114.3 bolt pattern (RX7, RX8, 350/370/G35/G37, Supra, STI, EVO, etc etc) so there are tons of wheel options out there that Mustang folks may not normally look at.

I have Enkei RPF1s on mine, but in 18". I've seen folks running 17" RPF1s as well, and they've got a wider range of 17" sizes/offsets than the PF01. Do a Google image search for "Fox Mustang RPF1" and you'll find some good pics. May be hard to tell if they're 17" or 18" in the pics, but it'll give you a good idea.
    '89 GT convertible - not a four-eye
    '82 Zephyr Z7 - future track car

I'm trying to make 17" Crown Vic P71 steel wheels work on my Fairmont - https://youtu.be/cu3bdm6kyIs

I went with Enkei Kojin wheels on my car. 17x8 front and 17x9 rears. They are available in a couple of different offsets too.

Name:  2017-10-05 17.58.58.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  215.2 KB

Name:  P1020086_resize.JPG
Views: 124
Size:  271.6 KB