Close

Default New member introduction

I thought I was already a member here, but it turned out I wasn't. A quick fix to register and get that changed. I have a 1984 Mustang L T-top that has been converted into an autocross car with a pile of Maximum Motorsports parts. The 2.3L and 3-speed auto have been replaced by a 302 and T-5. There are too many parts and modifications to list them all, but I have been slowly chipping away at the car since 1994. When I bought it, the car was in pretty rough shape and was a college girl's car complete with wire wheel covers and white wall tires. Besides the shell, a few body and interior parts, and the glass, not much else remains of the original car. I discovered that my dental hygienist actually drove the car in college and when I brought it to an appointment to show her, she could not recognize the car. I have grown up around fox Mustangs as my dad had a new one from 1979-1985 when he finally decided to keep his 1985 Mustang GT. He also owns the first production SSC.

DSC_1467-vi by Bryan Redeker, on Flickr

Interesting history, story, photo, generation progression of interest.
    Cool cars, sharp L. Looks like a very fun car worth all the work. It shows.
    White- a dental color. Car implant parts changed its personality added teeth, grip, from baby teeth to fangs if a horse had them.

Thanks gr79 and I see you are a fellow Michigan resident. I am on the west side in Grand Haven. This November will mark 25 years since I bought the car when I was 15 using money from mowing lawns and washing cars. I will have to dig around to see if I have any pictures of the car when I bought it. I know I have the physical pictures, just not sure about if I have them online to share.

Welcome, cool car!

FEP Power Member

Hey Bryan, haven't seen you or the car in a long time. Good to see that you still have it and enjoy it.

Zen
    '86 GT - weekend driver
    '86 Capri 5.0
    '86 Turbo Coupe
    '17 Mustang GT
    '23 BRONCO

Hey guys! New here and considering an 83 gt turbo as a wedding present.

FEP Senior Member

Looks like a fun car!