I have an 84 LX 5.0 with CFI.

Overall the car runs great, Perfect idle. no codes when I scan, drives great.

What I have noticed this summer is when i hit a bump the engine stutters, if I hit a patch of bumpy road the engine will stutter and the car bucks until I am driving on flat road again. Also I noticed that when i close the hood with the engine running the idle drops to almost stall then recovers.

When I was troubleshooting an air conditioning issue last month I noticed I could sometimes make the engine stutter when touching the wire loom. So obviously I have a bad wire that effects the idle and is sensitive enough to complain when i hit bumps.

I assume the only way to find the source is to pull off wire loom and separate wires and wiggle until I find the wire causing this issue. Has anybody else had an issue like this? Does it seem more likely the wiring to the fuel injectors or ignition?

The stutter is the same symptom I got when my O2 wasn't grounded correct and earlier this summer when my ECT went bad. Neither of those are an issue now. No codes, car runs like a Swiss watch until I hot a bump, or close the hood.