Close

Default Whats the story with "Mercury Rising"?

I'm kind of a newbie so I dont know much about the Mercury Rising story. Heard you guys had your own site but migrated with Foureye Pride. As a fellow Capri owner, I'd like to know the story. And any other cool info about the group.
    1986 SVO: turbo'd fun!
    SOLD:'82 MUSTANG GT: 88' HO, 5-spd, 3.73s, & 17" Borbet Type-A wheels... and other goodies
    RIP: '82 Mecury Capri 5.0 : good times.....
    1969 Chevrolet Chevelle: "the other four eye"

whs

A yahoo group isn’t a very efficient place to have a message board. Their advertising slowed down the ability to read and respond to posts really annoying (yes somebody had to pay for it, but that’s what banners are for). They changed from yahoo clubs to groups in the middle of the night without letting anyone know; a bunch of information was lost: pictures, posts, and links. I was a member over there as well, things are alot better over here, just slow right now.

At least this is what I remember being the main reasoning.

Good to hear things are better here...
    1986 SVO: turbo'd fun!
    SOLD:'82 MUSTANG GT: 88' HO, 5-spd, 3.73s, & 17" Borbet Type-A wheels... and other goodies
    RIP: '82 Mecury Capri 5.0 : good times.....
    1969 Chevrolet Chevelle: "the other four eye"

FEP Member

When I first joined the Yahoo club all was well and a lot of members had good input. Then Yahoo changed and had all the advertizing crap and everyone got pissed. Thank You FourEyedPride for taking this group it is much better over here.
    This subject has come up a few times and I have posted this subject a couple of times. True the Capri was built on the same assembley line as the stang in Dearborn and has a lot of the same stang parts. The Capri is a rare breed and getting more rare by the day. When I first started rebuilding my '83 RS about 4 years ago part were flying all over and it was semi easy to get the rare capri specific parts by members or Ebay. Now you don't see the parts on emay that much (only the Aussi capri). The posting has been slim lately and would like to see more. But I have put my capri away for the winter and look at the magazines and make my wish list for next spring and ask questions.
    My2Cents
    TLennyRS

Default Hey!

Hey Tlenny! Good t osee your still around,...Its me JimmyBADCAT! Check out the Progress made in this forum titled,...The BADCAT
    1983 Mercury Capri RS aka - The BADCAT

The capri is the cousin to the mustang.....or little brother....but because it wore the mercury badge it came with a few more refinements than the mustang, better body lines in my opinion. And the seats got an upgrade from what the mustang of the time was using.
    "Strike First, Strike Hard, No Mercy Sir."

FEP Super Member anthonydalrymple's Avatar

Whoa! Way to revive a dead in the water thread!
    '89 5.0 5-speed 'vert, seeing rust for the 1st time in it's life as well as 4,500+ elevation....

Quote Originally Posted by anthonydalrymple View Post
    Whoa! Way to revive a dead in the water thread!
    Almost 5 years.
    +
    ++
    +++
    ++++

Fun is fun, and done is done!

"Holy thread ressurection Batman!"
    1985 Capri RS 5.0 5 Speed
    1994 Thunderbird LX 4.6
    1978 Country Squire 7.5
    2004 Mustang GT 4.6

Is that a record?
    Robert

1986 ascMcLaren SC 5.0 -red
    1985 Capri GS (w/ 5.0) - red
    1985 Capri 5.0L - black
    1984 ascMcLaren SC 5.0 - white
    1984 Capri GS (w/ 5.0) - white
    1983 Capri RS Crimson Cat - red
    1982 Capri RS Black Magic - white
    1982 Cougar wagon
    1982 Mustang GT - red

Seriously, when you sit the two vehicles side by side the Capri just stands out from the mustang. I have friends that make fun of me and say why dont you just get a mustang they are the same vehicle. They are just robots that conform with society...Me I'm stepping out the box. And shame on all the capri owners that convert their cars to look like mustangs. Shame....

I agree.

Unlike the old Falcons (which I love dearly), I have to concede that compared to them, the classic Mustang had much better styling.

Its just different with the Capris. They are a breath of fresh air compared to all the Mustangs out there. Not that there are too many of the 4I Mustangs mind you, I rarely ever see one of those anymore either.

-Mike

I'm from the Virgin Islands.....my original capri was shipped in from Florida.....and the car stood out so much even though I knew of two other ones on the Island, there was no mistaking our car when it went down the street. They are beautiful.

I took a painting class last semester at the local community college. My friend who took the class with me in the spring also took a class this semester and all the young kids in my class last semester didn't know what i was driving all semester. They did say it was super cool, but they couldn't figure it out. Kinda funny.
    1985 Capri RS 5.0 5 Speed
    1994 Thunderbird LX 4.6
    1978 Country Squire 7.5
    2004 Mustang GT 4.6

I may take the same route you did when it comes time to comleting the body work and paint job for my car...I will enroll in a class and use the car as my class project.