Trying to sort out an issue with my front brakes on the 79 pace car. I used 94-95 sn95 spindles, rotors, and calipers. New brake hoses (I believe they are sn95 as well, but I could be wrong...did the swap last year). The car stops great, until you drive it for a good 20 minutes or so, then the front brakes feel like they're grabbing. I pulled in today and got out and shot them with the temp gun. Both front rotors over 500 degrees and I could feel them grabbing while driving. The more I drove, the worse they got. Let the car sit for a couple hours and cool down and everything is fine again.

While checking the brakes, I noticed the master cylinder (93 cobra mc and booster) was pretty warm. I figure this is from the calipers heating up the fluid. With the wheel off, it appears the outer pad is touching the rotor, while the inner pad had 1/8" or maybe 3/16" clearance. The pins are not seized at all. Everything was greased properly and pins are allowing for good movement. Pistons do not appear to be locking up.

I'm not really sure if the pads sitting closer on the outside is the normal resting position for them, or if the caliper is literally mounted to one side due to a misalignment of some sort. Is it possible that doing this caliper swap will require me to use washers to shim the caliper to line up correctly? Am I missing something else?

It also dawned on me that this might not be a caliper alignment issue, but that heat from the header is heating up the brake fluid and causing pressure through the front lines. They are basic unequal-length shorty headers and don't sit right up against the prop valve or hard lines, but I figured it's worth mentioning as another possibility.
Thoughts?