Close

Default Why can't I upload/attach pics into threads

A continuing problem with this poor neglected site:

Damn! Won't even allow a 61k cropped screen capture showing the error message!

Stupid. If I can't attach/upload, please refund my $20 support donation.

Mike

FEP Senior Member

I've had the same thing recently, and in the past I had too many pictures uploaded. I had maxed out my storage for the site. How is yours?
    Join The Conversation
    http://www.youtube.com/basinmotorsports

'86 Hatchback V6 / Auto Restomod (For Sale)

I also can no longer upload pics. I get the message I have exceeded my quota. Yet a very large amount of my pics show as no longer valid. But I can't find any way to delete them to free up space. I gave up after sending PMs and no replies. I still like this website and frequently recommend it to others.

EDIT: I just checked and all of the invalid pics are gone. I am still maxed out at 50 pics.

EDIT #2: I just tried to attach a new pic and there are 20 pics showing a "?" mark and are invalid. Couldn't delete any of them. So confusing...
    Last edited by Ken P; 08-07-2019 at 06:00 PM.
    86 LX Coupe 4E
    84 SVO Watkins Glen Pace Car 1E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback
    55 Willys Jeep Overland Wagon

There is apparently a 100Mb attachment limit for FEP Supporters (is that documented anywhere?)

The vast majority of my attachments were in the FYI Ads **Four Eye Related Cars** forum, so I've deleted all my attachments in that forum, thereby rendering all of those threads mostly useless. I will probably not post in that forum again.

To get to your attachments page, click on "Settings", to the left of "Log Out" in the top right of the screen your're on right now. Then, on the left side, in the "MY SETTINGS" column, click on "Attachments" under the "Miscellaneous" heading.

Mike

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

I'd like to upload a couple of photos too; it used to be real easy with Photobucket, haven't tried that in a couple of years. evlgt are you there? lol. I can update my membership if nec.

I know this doesn't solve the problems everyone is having, but I will say this has been discussed by the Administrators and is being looked into. There is confusion all the way around and not really sure why there are problems. This may have more to do with the site host than anything done by FEP Administrators or owners. Unfortunately this is above my pay grade, so I am not directly involved with it, but I am aware that they are looking into it.

If anyone needs/wants a picture posted in one of their thread, please let me know I will do all that I can to help get it posted. Just send me a PM and I will try and help. Sorry again for the trouble.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Knebworth View Post
    I'd like to upload a couple of photos too; it used to be real easy with Photobucket, haven't tried that in a couple of years. evlgt are you there? lol. I can update my membership if nec.
    Hey some will claim they "never had a problem" etc but do yourself a HUGE favor and absolutely stay away from Photobucket. Over the years they've virtually turned into a total scam. Google "Photobucket scam" or "Photobucket reviews" and you'll get a good idea what I mean. I used them for many many years as a paid premium member and their photo hosting service & account terms of service & more got worse & worse.

Photobucket's flash-based ads & website regulalry became loaded with malware. Once they "fixed" one issue another would arise - ad infinitum. The website has consistently stripped users ability to download their own photo albums without going thru hours & hours of difficulty, they plaster their watermark logo all over your photos, they routinely cut/sever your linked photos in forums & eBay listings etc so that there's just a blank placeholder advertising their website - on & on. It's always something with them and (because of both greed & ineptness) probably always will be.

On top of that they also sell your photos to "photo farms" or "image farms" which basically post your photos all over the web to advertise fake classified ads ETC.

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MERCURY MOTORSPORT View Post
    Hey some will claim they "never had a problem" etc but do yourself a HUGE favor and absolutely stay away from Photobucket. Over the years they've virtually turned into a total scam. Google "Photobucket scam" or "Photobucket reviews" and you'll get a good idea what I mean. I used them for many many years as a paid premium member and their photo hosting service & account terms of service & more got worse & worse.

Photobucket's flash-based ads & website regulalry became loaded with malware. Once they "fixed" one issue another would arise - ad infinitum. The website has consistently stripped users ability to download their own photo albums without going thru hours & hours of difficulty, they plaster their watermark logo all over your photos, they routinely cut/sever your linked photos in forums & eBay listings etc so that there's just a blank placeholder advertising their website - on & on. It's always something with them and (because of both greed & ineptness) probably always will be.

On top of that they also sell your photos to "photo farms" or "image farms" which basically post your photos all over the web to advertise fake classified ads ETC.
    Oh believe-you-me, I know! I had two accounts with Photobucket, but essentially abandoned them when they wanted a cool C note, per account, per year to maintain them! What kind of siht is that?!? I guess they got too much 'pushback' for that, and reconsidered, too late!!!!

Ha lol yes too many people (thankfully) have woke up to that horribly greedy photo-hostage-taking website. And look at many of the older forum posts (including here on FEP) from users in the past who posted photos using Photobucket - the photos all blank now with those large Photobucket icons instead. Photobucket has RUINED so many older/archived forum threads and now no one can see what images people had posted & shared!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken P View Post
    I also can no longer upload pics. I get the message I have exceeded my quota. Yet a very large amount of my pics show as no longer valid. But I can't find any way to delete them to free up space. I gave up after sending PMs and no replies. I still like this website and frequently recommend it to others.

EDIT: I just checked and all of the invalid pics are gone. I am still maxed out at 50 pics.

EDIT #2: I just tried to attach a new pic and there are 20 pics showing a "?" mark and are invalid. Couldn't delete any of them. So confusing...
    I delete old, unneeded, from settings, attachments (to the left of 'log out' option). Cannot delete from file mgr.
    All pics are listed in settings, attatchments. Check box, delete, save.
    Those are the ones listed in the file upload mgr with ? boxes. Compare the file size to id which ones they are.
    Can delete pics if quota limit is reached. Delete some to add more, say to get rid of broken photobucket or other links.
    Better to download pics direct from pc, phone, etc. I rename and transfer from phone to pc for easy uploading.
    Also, the bottom window of upload mgr is where to add, remove, delete out of the post being working on.

Another way is go to your post, edit, file upload mgr, top window, click on the big ? check box, lower right corner.
    Move mouse up to click little black ? which will appear in upper left.
    This will redirect to post were pic is. Click edit, use file upload mgr to delete photo and save changes.
    The posted pics will be the ones in the lower box with big ?. The little square selects the attachment to be changed.
    Once one figures out the drill it takes the 'load' off. A little time consuming but is the way its done.

Sideways or upside down pics can be easily rotated (reclocked) in Windows before postings.
    Caused by camera not being held in correct clocking position when taking a photo.
    Mine orientates photos correctly when held sideways ('wide' position), not normal 'upright' grip.
    Power button on top, photo/video screen buttons to the right, not on the left or at the bottom of phone.

They way i figure, deleting or pruning old pics and brief, possibly outdated, story or comment posts are no big deal.
    Most do not search for them but add a new thread or post on same basic subject every now and then.
    Repost pic or ignore. Keep the post compositions that took work to do, are still valid, copy and paste link to it.
    One of these days gonna delete all photobucket items and reload as needed for family, friends. Clean links out of here.
    Aint gonna pay rent on them or put up with the email warnings. Corporate greed has to be addressed.
    Last edited by gr79; 08-12-2019 at 01:16 PM.

Blog Entries

The most helpful thing for trying to fix this would be screen shots of the errors. I'd suggest trying https://imgur.com/ to host error images and post here.

I've run some maintenance on the forum, but I don't think it achieved anything useful.

We're in an unpleasant situation with vBulletin and our host. I'm going to try to upgrade to the newest version of vB that our PHP and MySQL versions will allow (and it's not much of an upgrade from what I can tell). I'm hoping this won't break things, but who knows. After that, I will get with our hosting company and see what PHP and MySQL versions can be achieved.

The newest version of the forum software is vastly different and might require moving to an entirely new host, which I don't see having the time to pull off until the end of the year. And our current hosting agreement needs renewed this month. There are other possible drawbacks to going to version 5 as it may destroy our links, and people generally HATE anything changing in appearance or interface, which causes immense damage to our traffic.

I apologize for the situation and am trying to use my limited resources to get this and a few other things changed around here.