Name:  IMG_0386 (1).jpg
Views: 1428
Size:  134.2 KBName:  IMG_0388.jpg
Views: 1407
Size:  91.3 KBName:  IMG_0391.jpg
Views: 1425
Size:  118.1 KBName:  Mustang Passenger.jpg
Views: 1439
Size:  89.3 KB1984 Mustang Gt Turbo Convertible in Light Academy Blue. This is the only car built in this color with these options. There are many Mustang sites that list this car as 1 of 1 and I also have the Marti report. The car is in good overall condition with 107,000 miles. I purchased it from a member of the family that bought the car since new.
    When I bought the car it needed some work so I have been doing a minor restoration on the car and have replaced the following parts:
    Timing Belt
    Seats and Foam
    Carpet & Floor mats
    Shifter Boot
    Brakes
    Tires
    Battery
    The only thing that does not work is the A/C. The top is usable but the bottom of the rear window has separated so it would need to be repaired or replaced.
    The car runs, drives and stops great. It has the typical rattles that come with a 35 year old Fox convertible. I mainly use the car around town on the weekends.
    If you are looking for a rare Fox Mustang this would be a good choice.
    Please let me know if there are questions.
    Located in Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    SOLD
    Last edited by gtturbo84; 04-30-2020 at 09:56 AM.

Location (city and state) and asking price required for this ad

that is a sharp looking car! Ive never seen that combo before. I really like it. Good luck with sale.
    Mike

Now stang-less.

88 Cougar 5.0

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

This '84 really intrigues me. Year and bodystyle aside, is it possible this is the ONLY Light Academy Blue Mustang GT ever produced?

I believe it is. I cannot find anywhere that Light Academy blue was even offered on a GT. If you look at the 1984 brochure you could not get this color on a GT and you had to get the blue interior. This one has a charcoal interior. The guy I bought it from bought it from his brother who bought it from his brother in law who was the original owner. According to him he just bought it off the lot. He did not order it special.

Quote Originally Posted by gtturbo84 View Post
    I believe it is. I cannot find anywhere that Light Academy blue was even offered on a GT. If you look at the 1984 brochure you could not get this color on a GT and you had to get the blue interior. This one has a charcoal interior. The guy I bought it from bought it from his brother who bought it from his brother in law who was the original owner. According to him he just bought it off the lot. He did not order it special.

Does the Marti reflect the interior color as well?

Any undercoating? Nice Mustang! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Marathon06 View Post
    Does the Marti reflect the interior color as well?
    The Marti report that is in the ebay auction is a 'personalized stats report'. They usually do include a stat for interior trim type and color (not just color) but for this particular car the stats report got to 1 of 1 when it hit the paint color, so it stopped right there. The paint color stat always comes before the interior trim type/color stat on those reports.

I don't know if a deluxe report was purchased for this car but if it were neither the paint color stat nor the paint color/trim stat would be "1" because those two stats on deluxe reports go by body code only -- in this case P27 (convertible) -- so those two stats would be for all (LX, GT, and Turbo GT) convertibles.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

I do not see any undercoating on the car. FoxChasis is correct the report does not show interior color but the tag in the door jam does (code CA)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Did this sell?

Wow, very sharp!!! If it was a auto I would have to buy it. I am trying to sell my 83 gt convertible, no luck yet, not a easy sell this time of year. lol

Great looking clean car! I don't think I could sell it for $4950 either.

Yeah - I am going to hold onto it and drive it unless someone comes up with a better offer. It is not a perfect car but it is a nice driver for the summer months. At least I will know I will never see anyone else driving one.....

Nope - I still have it.
    Just seeing this as I needed to update my email address for notifications. Do you have any additional pictures?

I do. Let me know what you want pics you want to see and your email or I can text them. Also, I just had the steering shaft rag joint replaced so the steering is nice an tight now. Thanks,

I do. Let me know what you want pics you want to see and your email or I can text them. Also, I just had the steering shaft rag joint replaced so the steering is nice an tight now. Thanks,
    I'm still interested in this and have been doing some additional research. According to the door jamb tag, the paint code is 35 which is Light Cadet Blue not Light Academy Blue which is paint code 38.

On edit- I'm seeing conflicting color code information. Both charts are from LMR.

Name:  fox-body-paint-code-guide_11e8ac71.jpg
Views: 847
Size:  136.6 KBName:  fox-body-paint-code-guide_11e8ac71.jpg
Views: 847
Size:  136.6 KB

https://lmr.com/products/mustang-blue-paint-color-codes
    Last edited by fast4cylNJ; 12-03-2019 at 11:34 AM.

The LMR chart is wrong because their source (Fox-Body Mustang Recognition Guide) is wrong.

Here is the corrected version:

http://foxchassis.com/files/50RestoP...eNoLetters.jpg
    http://foxchassis.com/files/50RestoP...eNoLetters.pdf
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

For the 1984 model year only....

35¹ = Light Academy Blue Glow
    38² = Light Academy Blue

¹ all Ford car lines except Thunderbird
    ² Thunderbird only

I cannot find an instance of a paint color called "Cadet Blue" in 1984.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Power Member

Default Cadet Blue Mustang

My special order 84 svo
    Kendal

5C was called Dark Academy Blue Metallic in every piece of Ford literature that I have.

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...=1#post1573957
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 12-03-2019 at 10:22 PM.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

It is Light Academy Blue Glow according to the Marti report. If you are interested shoot me a PM. I am open to offers.

PM sent, interested, please reply or send me the info via text, I sent my number.

If anyone is interested I am lowering the price to 6,000. I found another toy and cannot keep both. I have more pictures I can send. Name:  IMG_0623.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  317.1 KBName:  IMG_0664.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  207.4 KB

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

It is Light Academy Blue Glow according to the Marti report. If you are interested shoot me a PM. I am open to offers.
    Can you post the Marti Report if you haven't done so already.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast