Close

Default Added Power Windows and Power Locks to 1983... no wiring to plug into

To be clear, I have the door harnesses themselves - I don't have anything to plug them into on my existing wiring harness. My friend "Mustang Josh" pointed out a harness which can be bought on ebay for adding power windows/locks to the 87+ Fox Body's but looking to find information on if the same harness will work on an 1983 EFI Turbo Car. If not does anyone have information on the harness which will work?

I bought aftermarket power window and lock kits and sort of adapted them to factory components. That might be your easiest option.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

The harness into which the lock and window door harnesses plug into, is a separate harness running behind the instrument panel. It's very difficult to get to with the instrument panel and heater/AC box installed.

I onetime built a harness for a customer that ran from A pillar to A pillar by going back to the reinforcement under the front seats. A short segment of the harness was run up to the fuse panel near the left A pillar. I used salvaged harnesses from Crown Victoria models. He had the door harnesses.

While certainly not factory, it had all factory wire colours, and i was able to incorporate the Illuminated/Keyless Entry available in Crown Vics, and even Tempos of the day.

I will be putting the Illuminated Entry feature into my own '85 GT as it goes back together.

Don

Pretty sure I have that crossover harness from a 79 pace car
    Current rides:
    89 LX 5.0, 5 -spd..the Lemon
    86 RS Capri 5.0 Auto...
    86 LX Colorado SSP 5.0 5-spd (Sadly Sold)
    85.5 SVO, Finally Got Boost
    83 RS Capri 5.0, 5-spd (another sadly sold)

Quote Originally Posted by PrecisionTrans View Post
    Illuminated Entry
    I added that too. I saw a Fox LTD with it once and had to have it, haha. Just a few circuits and a module, not difficult at all!
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

Can you share a picture of what that looks like?

Quote Originally Posted by onetrackrider View Post
    Pretty sure I have that crossover harness from a 79 pace car
    PS - I see your in Denver - I went to college at the Colorado School of Mines in Golden! I miss the mountains!