Close

Default First time Capri owner need help with ignition wiring!

Hello members! I just picked up a 84 capris gs 5.0 ho carbed. It has been 90 percent completed for restoration and engine build however I知 needing help with putting in my msd ready to run distributor and blaster 2.0 coil. I need simple pictures or diagram on how the battery cables should be routed for alt/coil/ground the basic power supply. It has no factory ignition box so I知 confused on how or which ignition wires from the key are needed to make this system turn over/run for me. Any input or help would be great guys!! Thanks in advance

Welcome to FEP!

I have moved your post to the Electrical section of the Forum as that is a better choice for your question. Feel free to post a New User Introduction post if you like, pictures are always a great way to say Hi! and get plenty of response from the FEP Members

At the top of this Forum you will find wiring diagram PDF's of the different year models, etc. that can be a huge help to sort out much of the wiring. I am sure other members can help with pictures of a stock layout of the wiring for an 84 5.0 Fox. Good Luck!

This might help a bit too.

Name:  durasparkwiring.gif
Views: 95
Size:  16.5 KB
    Last edited by wraithracing; 07-31-2019 at 07:52 AM.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller