Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fox Wagon

FEP User

'collector car adds' not too good either - answ the add in the app "disc full" error msg.
    Contact w/borrowed phone (none here) or w/listed email's a 'no go' too. WA, AK & Fla...
    Still like to find a 3rd party payor. I think fleebay's got 1.
    Chad
    Seeking: fox station wagon int/ext trim (esp LTD/Marquis)
    Retire/restore ol Bronk to daughter
    chrlsful@aol.com

FEP User

3rd party payor (some one to hold the money) is great too
    Chad
    chrlsful@aol.com

Default Added Info

Hi. New to this site, however I noticed your post. I purchased what I believe is the finest example or one of the best examples IMHO of a 1984 Marquis Wagon at an auction during "Hot August Nights" events here in Reno NV last this month. Simply put, it is a time capsule. It was obviously loved by her previous owner whose estate was selling the Wagon. It has 61K original miles. Original paint etc. The car is HEAVILY equipped with:
    Beige Color
    Faux Wood Vinyl side treatment
    3.8L EFI V6
    AOD
    Power Windows
    Power Vacuum Locks
    Wire Wheel Covers
    Power Drivers Seat (Split)
    Fuel Door Release
    Luggage Rack
    Cornering Lights

She has had Sheepskin Seat covers on her since day 1
    Upholstery/Interior is spectacular. I am not sure if she ever spent a night out in the elements. Tire tread-wear was almost non-existent, however, the date codes were 11 years ago.
    I replaced the 4 tires with new white wall tires. Also, one rear brake cylinder was weeping, so I replaced both rear units as well. The headliner had a few sagging spots, so that has also been addressed. The fuel pump in the tank has been replaced as well as the tank having been boiled. New fuel filters were also installed. The coolant system was also flushed just because.

My initial thinking is that I was planning on doing a 5.0L Coyote swap with an 8.8 rear but keeping her as stock in appearance as possible to make her the ultimate "Sleeper". I have owned a couple of LTD LX cars and have always liked them. I wish FoMoCo had offered the Wagons with the 5.0L. But alas they never did. I wasn't even looking to purchase ANY car(s) at the auction but was smitten by this babydoll wagon. I found myself with my hand in the air at the end and viola, I bought her. (I needed another car like I needed a hole in the head....) I know you are looking for a car east of the Mississippi river, but I thought it might interest you as she is an original California "Dry" car that was obviously loved by her previous owner. I am a retired Large Ford Dealership General Manager and simply have a soft spot for quality Fords when I see them. This wagon ticked ALL of my boxes.
    Although I am already planning her Coyote Transplant, when I saw your post it made me question my plan. Maybe she deserves to live on as she is in her matronly beauty. Thoughts? -- David

Here is a link to the auction catalog that shows a few pictures and information:

https://www.motorsportauctiongroup.c...am-Woody-Wagon
    Last edited by DavidL; 08-30-2021 at 11:18 PM. Reason: adding Information

FEP User

Default late fox wagon

Quote Originally Posted by DavidL View Post
    Hi. New to this site, however I noticed your post. I purchased what I believe is the finest example or one of the best examples IMHO of a 1984 Marquis Wagon at an auction during "Hot August Nights" events here in Reno NV last this month. Simply put, it is a time capsule. It was obviously loved by...Thoughts? -- David
    Here is a link to the auction catalog that shows a few pictures and information:
    https://www.motorsportauctiongroup.c...am-Woody-Wagon
    Yes, 2.
    1st: thanks for the post. I appreciate the contact.
    2nd: from the write up it is w a y beyond what I seek. I was thinking something affordable and that I could bring up to daily driver status. ( I have the 3.3 & 4.1, I think U have a c-5 not aod which I would add). , just don't think I can compete w/o buyersThis is presented as if it were a classic car, and a high level surviver at that. Let's C what is on the site/link.
    Best to get me at chrlsful@aol.com, no phone, don't come here often.
    Again thnx, just don't think I can compete w/o buyers~
    Chad
    chrlsful@aol.com

FEP User

Default Purchased one - shuttin down the thread, thnx

Quote Originally Posted by chrlsful View Post
    Yes, any of those...
    1978 - ' 83 Zephyr, Fairmont (even Granada, Cougar)
    prefer 1983-'86 LTD/Marquis and in New England
    or the north east (as I currently have no trailer). Like to drive it 4 or 5 hrs (one way) or less.
    Mechanically, I can deal with (even if not running)
    Prefer a grade 4 or 3 body/interior (as I wish to turn it into a DD) and -0- or min customizig.
    No offers turned away (rollers, etc) E of Mississippi - that's 28 states...
    Will e-mail about others.
    MUST B a Wagon
    Chad
    Amherst, MA
    chrlsful@aol.com
    Yup, got one (7 yr search, I think). Body 2 or 3, interior 3, looks like I'll put a coupla seals (bad leak) in transmish, the cut/sold cats, ripped seat (not back), runs/idels fine; follow over to Parts Wanted if interested in more...
    Thnx~
    Chad
    chrlsful@aol.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12