Close

Default 2019 Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix

Got into it this year. 37th annual. Feature car was a Shelby GT 350 locally owned.
    Name:  E8F70835-5DDD-4DCD-A27E-FDD528A03C87.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  168.7 KB
    Name:  C8994D86-60FB-4232-A2F4-2A4D33D79223.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  172.5 KB

Fella with the white on black is asking $21k. This show is a step up from the normal.

My favorite:

Name:  CF10B74F-0109-4214-8C0E-C2675CEAA62C.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  197.9 KB

Proof of attendance:

Name:  D3AA7F48-57AA-41FA-8915-7A4BD74995FB.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  104.1 KB

Pitt’s Cathedral of Learning way in the background.

Roberto Clemente’s Dodge Charger that he won for being MVP of the 1979 World Series was there. It’s owned by a dealer in Florida who brings it out for charity events. 40 years since the Bucs were in the WS. Got meet Tim Foli who was the shortstop. Supe nice guy.

This thing goes on for 10 days or so. Races at the Pitt Race complex in Beaver County and the vintage races on Saturday and Sunday. They push those cars hard.
    W

As always, "It ain't what you don't know that gets you, it's what you think you know that just ain't so."

Very cool. I would like to check that out one of these years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --86 GT vert.306,Powerdyne blown 7 psi, E303, ported E7s,MAF conv, BBK shorties n OR H, 3" Mac Pro Dumps, WC T5, 5 lug'd, 17" Bullitts, 3" cowlhood, SN95 Gt front brakes, 4.11s.
    --Bill

Thanks for posting the pics. I have wanted to attend as well but seems like I never make it. Are you from the area WilliamCapri?

Nice pics ! I missed the weekend show & races at the park this year, but I did take my 86 Saleen to the Waterfront show.

Quote Originally Posted by fascat View Post
    Thanks for posting the pics. I have wanted to attend as well but seems like I never make it. Are you from the area WilliamCapri?
    Hi Fascat, we are just south of New Castle, in West Pittsburg. Kind of in the middle of a lot of places. The PVGP was a step up from what we are used to. The Porsche area was about as big as a football field and covered with cars from the mid 50’s to recent. The Ferrari area was not very big but all the cars were beauties. Women walking the fields in high heels. Off to Ellwood City for their annual cruise now.
    W

As always, "It ain't what you don't know that gets you, it's what you think you know that just ain't so."

I am in Greensburg. You are probably about an hour and a half from me. I'm not used to shows like that either. Hopefully one day we'll be able to meet up at a show or cruise. Would be neat to have a couple Capris together.