Close

Default New member intro. 1985 GT Charcoal grey automatic

I recently rescued my charcoal grey1985 Mustang GT from my father in laws house. He was watching over it while I was away (not prison).

I've had this car since 1995. It's mostly stock and is in some need of TLC.

I have basic mechanical skills but I would like to do as much of the restoration as I can by myself with my two boys.

It fired right up after sitting for 6 years, just needed a new battery and a brake bleed before driving it.

First phase is a complete round of service. Oil, transmission, coolant, differential, lube points etc. Needs new tires.

Next I would like to replace the headliner and restore some of the faded trim. There is some minor rust on the hatch but I think I can correct that in my garage. Will be interesting learning how to do body work and paint. It won't be a show car, but I am meticulous and determined.

Well, thanks for letting me join, I look forward to participating in the community.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Welcome!, good looking Fox. Looks like a great project for you and your sons, have fun with it!

Welcome nice looking fox. Looking forward to you and your sons progress on it, keep us posted.

Thanks fellas! Ever since I got it back all I think about 24/7 is the things I want to fix. Is this normal? LOL

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Welcome! It's a good looking Mustang and should be a worthy project for you and your boys.

Jeff