Close

Default Newb-1985 and 1986 Mustang GT's Stored since 1993

I was at a friend's get-togther and the subject of Fox Body Mustangs came up. I mentioned I had a red 1986 Mustang GT, back in the day. My friends dad chimed in and said he had a few put away in containers and I should come and take a look. I ended up picking up a 1985 Charcoal car, and will most likely also buy a 1986 GT once I get the 1985 sorted. I'm sorting out the 1985 now. Lots of issues from sitting. 3 of the cars came from TX in 1993. My friend's dad titled them and put them in the containers. The odometer on the charcoal car shows 11 more miles than when it was titled in 1993. He said he took it into town once... These are not pristine cars, but really good rust free drivers. The 1986 had a light front hit, is rust free with 60604 miles. The 1985 has 109,000, and has had some paint work.

Replaced:
    Fuel tank & Filter.
    Plugs and Plug wires.
    Radiator.
    Dash Pad.
    Shocks & Struts.
    Tires.
    Brake Calipers, wheel cylinders, and parking brake cables.

As of now it runs well, except for an idle issue. It drives straight.

Welcome! Amazing whats hidden away for decades.

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

Amazing find and wow, those things are dirty! I couldn't imagine storing away a fox body for so long. Mine sits over winter and it drives me nuts waiting for spring and summer to return to get it back out again. Thanks for saving the 85 and good luck on the project! My dad has a 1985 GT that mostly sits, but it is in perfect condition. Perhaps around 20k miles and it has only been in the rain a few times since it was new. I am jealous how nice it is since my 1984 has lived a much harder life.

Welcome! Wow real dirty! But cool story.