Close

Thread: Seat covers

Default Seat covers

Just looking for a recommendation on seat covers for my 88 Saleen. They are Flofit seats that are extremely tattered and I just want to make them presentable and not shed all over me when I get in and out.

I am not sure any regular seat covers will make the seats look "good" maybe better, but due to the shape and design of the seats I doubt most of the seat covers will fit very well. Most likely you will need a seat cover that stretches a bit to get a good tight fit on the seats otherwise it just looks like you pulled some sheets over the seats to cover them up. There are plenty of options out there, just really depends on your budget and tastes.

Obviously the best option is to have them completely reupholstered in new material, but I assume that is more than you want to spend at this time. Good Luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    I am not sure any regular seat covers will make the seats look "good" maybe better, but due to the shape and design of the seats I doubt most of the seat covers will fit very well. Most likely you will need a seat cover that stretches a bit to get a good tight fit on the seats otherwise it just looks like you pulled some sheets over the seats to cover them up. There are plenty of options out there, just really depends on your budget and tastes.

Obviously the best option is to have them completely reupholstered in new material, but I assume that is more than you want to spend at this time. Good Luck!
    If I have the seats recovered it would be like putting earrings on a pig😁. I’m not even apposed to the old style furry covers, just wondering if anybody had any luck with one style or brand name that doesn’t look like a garbage bag or pet cover. Thought maybe someone might have a set on their 85 or 86 that they thought were acceptable.

Well, I can't speak to lipstick or ear rings on a Pig. I will leave that to you as you see fit.

Most likely something such as this might be your best option. There are plenty of color and style options. The covers tend to be a snug fit, so IMHO that would work best for your Flofit seats. Good Luck!

https://www.autoanything.com/seat-co...MaAg92EALw_wcB
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller