Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New Member - 1985 Mustang GT

Hello Fellow Four Eyed Pride Forum Members,

I am located in southwest Missouri (Neosho, MO) and am enjoying my retirement from the US Air Force (30 years) in 2015. I currently work as an IT Manager for the Leggett & Platt, Inc., company in Carthage, MO.

I acquired my second 1985 Ford Mustang GT in September 2018. It's "almost" the same car I owned back in 1987-1990 and had fewer miles than when I bought my first one. My original was the Oxford White with T-Tops. This one is Oxford White with the black stripe and a pop-up sun roof.

It is a carbureted 5.0 and I bought it with less than 8K miles on it. I have put just over 1K on the car in the last year. For the most part, this is a full-stock Mustang with all of the original issues. It even had the original Gatorback tires on the 10-hole wheels. Of course, they weren't functional!

I have the dash pulled forward and the HVAC box loosed so I can replace the Heater Core. Yes. The core was leaking in several places.

I am looking forward to the discussions as I decide whether to modify the car. I want to use it as a weekend cruiser (not a daily driver) and do not plan to race it.

Thanks!

Jeff

Welcome! Sounds nice! How about some pics?

Thanks. I'm enjoying it so far. Sure thing on the pictures.

Name:  IMG_6490.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  132.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_6492.jpg
Size:  135.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_6494.jpg
Size:  130.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_6496.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  134.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_6497.jpg
Size:  120.4 KB

Jeff

Wow!!!!!! Very nice! Looks brand new!

Welcome to FEP.. Yes, very nice ride....

FEP Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huskers001 View Post

I am located in southwest Missouri (Neosho, MO) and am enjoying my retirement from the US Air Force (30 years) in 2015. I currently work as an IT Manager for the Leggett & Platt, Inc., company in Carthage, MO.

I acquired my second 1985 Ford Mustang GT in September 2018. It's "almost" the same car I owned back in 1987-1990 and had fewer miles than when I bought my first one. My original was the Oxford White with T-Tops. This one is Oxford White with the black stripe and a pop-up sun roof.

It is a carbureted 5.0 and I bought it with less than 8K miles on it. I have put just over 1K on the car in the last year. For the most part, this is a full-stock Mustang with all of the original issues. It even had the original Gatorback tires on the 10-hole wheels. Of course, they weren't functional!

I have the dash pulled forward and the HVAC box loosed so I can replace the Heater Core. Yes. The core was leaking in several places.

I am looking forward to the discussions as I decide whether to modify the car. I want to use it as a weekend cruiser (not a daily driver) and do not plan to race it.

Thanks!

Jeff
    beautiful car.i own its twin!

Beautiful car! I bet it brought back some memories for you. Enjoy it! Thanks for your service.

Thanks. Do you have a picture of the twin?

Thanks! Yes it does. Especially after finishing my second heater core replacement! Ha!

Nice car!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Thanks!

Name:  capri 2.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  87.0 KBName:  capri 1.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  104.2 KB

Thanks!

Jeff
    Welcome Jeff, its funny, we have a lot in common, I live in Carthage and work a Leggett. I've been here for 34 years ( mechanical Engineer at he Bedding Manufacturing group). I have a 1986 White and Black Capri, almost like the one I had in high school. you have a very nice GT. That is one of my favorite years and color combos.
    1986 ACS McLaren Capri
    1971 Mustang
    1968 F100

Quote Originally Posted by york0060 View Post
    Name:  capri 2.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  87.0 KBName:  capri 1.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  104.2 KB

Welcome Jeff, its funny, we have a lot in common, I live in Carthage and work a Leggett. I've been here for 34 years ( mechanical Engineer at he Bedding Manufacturing group). I have a 1986 White and Black Capri, almost like the one I had in high school. you have a very nice GT. That is one of my favorite years and color combos.
    Thank you! We'll need to meet up at some point. These two side-by-side ought to get a few looks! Send me your name and I'll shoot you an e-mail from my Leggett account.

JB

Thank you! We'll need to meet up at some point. These two side-by-side ought to get a few looks! Send me your name and I'll shoot you an e-mail from my Leggett account.

JB
    William York, I'm at the Idea Center , but work for Bedding Engineering and Manufacturing.
    1986 ACS McLaren Capri
    1971 Mustang
    1968 F100

Welcome! Love the 85s....I had one as well....now own an 82 GT!
    Current Mustangs:
    82 Silver GT - 5.0L crate motor, Tremec 3550 5 spd tranny, SVO brake kit, 8.8 rear end with 373s
    05 Legend Lime Fastback - some mods
    05 Screaming Yellow Vert - even more mods including Edelbrock blower

Quote Originally Posted by 5pointoh View Post
    Welcome! Love the 85s....I had one as well....now own an 82 GT!
    Thanks!

That 85 GT looks stunning!

Quote Originally Posted by BRGT350 View Post
    That 85 GT looks stunning!
    Thank you! It is and I'm loving it!

JB

FEP Member

Thanks. Do you have a picture of the twin?
    here she is

Hello neighbor! I'm up by STL...Nice '85 by the way. My old man flew F100's back in the 60's and 70's for the Air Guard. Welcome to the site and enjoy all the great information that is here.
    Keith formerly STLPONDS
    '79 V8 coupe in the works!
    Build thread http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=89153

Quote Originally Posted by kfxmatt View Post
    here she is
    Yeppers! That's a twin. What tires do you have on her? I bought mine and it had the original Gatorbacks on the wheels. I took those off and put on some Cooper tires of the same size. I'd love to have the Gatorbacks on it. They're $350 each from LMR...not going that route right now.

Quote Originally Posted by STL79Coupe View Post
    Hello neighbor! I'm up by STL...Nice '85 by the way. My old man flew F100's back in the 60's and 70's for the Air Guard. Welcome to the site and enjoy all the great information that is here.
    Thanks Keith and Hello neighbor. I am certainly enjoying the expertise and knowledge of the folks on this forum. The only place I've seen an F100 was at a museum. We had a few F-4s still in the inventory when I joined in 1985.

St Louis Cards fan?

JB

Welcome fellow Missouri'n!!!! Sweet 85.....

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

Another USAF alum. Welcome.
    84 Capri RS Turbo
    Vinemont, AL (formerly El Mirage, AZ)
    USAF 1986-2007 (Ret)

Quote Originally Posted by billkandi View Post
    Another USAF alum. Welcome.
    Fly, Fight, Win! Thanks.

JB