Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

V6DR

the RS stripes are different from the GS stripes.probably need to get some similar striping and d.i.y.

ok, back on the radio thing- well, ive done research and it appears that the radio that was in my car was the one pictured on page 7 of the 1986 capri brochure see it here- http://www.ascmclarencoupe.com/Liter...hure_06-07.jpg .

i have found a radio of that type on ebay but it was not a premium sound unit(note how it is labeled in the pic). i know my car had the premium sound option because i have the amp-in-dash configuration and the dead give away is the "premium sound" labels on the backs of the speakers. so if any of you locate a radio that looks just like the one shown in the link, let me know! (make sure it is premium sound labeled though.)
    thank you!
    86 Mercury Capri GS 2.3L
    11 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L
    10 Ford Focus SE 2.0L

19 Years of Foureyedpride.com

Just bought this one for 99 cents on eBay:

Needs a little cleaning, obviously; supposed to work. Hopefully it will look nice enough after primping. I don't even need it to work, really, just as long as it makes my interior look factory-stock.

Do the judges at big shows check to see if the radio works?
    Lee
    '79 Mustang Ghia 5.0 notch

tahts what im looking for but that one does not say premium sound on it and it only has a tune function on the one knob. the premium sound ones said tune/fade. but thats the closest to what im looking for that i have seen yet. wow, 99 cents isnt bad at all!
    86 Mercury Capri GS 2.3L
    11 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L
    10 Ford Focus SE 2.0L

Quote Originally Posted by ethangsmith
    tahts what im looking for but that one does not say premium sound on it and it only has a tune function on the one knob. the premium sound ones said tune/fade. but thats the closest to what im looking for that i have seen yet. wow, 99 cents isnt bad at all!
    I have the one you're looking for, I took it out of my 85 LX, it has the 6 ohm premium speakers and the stock amp on dash, I dont know if it has a pull switch though, I'm not at my dads house right now (where the stang is) but I can take a picture for you tomorrow. BUT I do not have internet at my dads (which is why this is the first weekend ive been online in a month) but I can probably either post the pic next weekend or email you the picture this week sometime

-Calon
    Calon

1985 LX Notchback (Project)
    1995 Mustang GT (In For Color Change)

that would be great! so it says premium sound on it? and it has no tape player? sweet. email me at smieth87@email.pct.edu and send a pic!
    86 Mercury Capri GS 2.3L
    11 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L
    10 Ford Focus SE 2.0L

That would be the one, I took it out to put my Clarion CD deck in, Im pretty sure It says premium on it to, as the rest of the system (ie. Stock speakers) all say premium on them
    Calon

You trying to restore your car? I am, and if it's any help, I think the exact description of AM/FM radios in those years varied slightly depending on the OEM supplier. I've seen three or four different versions. The part number, used in conjunction with decoders you can find online, can help. This vagueness helps, though, in that it's hard for anyone to say there's only one radio that's right for your car, and no other.

On the other hand, if you've got Premium Sound, you prolly ought to have a Premium Sound receiver.

Gotta check eBay every day - remember, if a nice one comes up with a good "Buy It Now" price, you may never see it if you don't keep looking. Good luck!

Edit: Looks like you found one while I was typing... bet it up!
    Lee
    '79 Mustang Ghia 5.0 notch

yea. im trying to restore my car. as money permits.....

anyway, i was looking for a stock radio that matched what used to be in my car (and it looks like i have FINALLY found one!). i currently have a kenwood in-dash am/fm/cd head unit. im going to remove it and reinstall it somewhere inconspicuous in the car and put the old stock radio back in the instrument panel. the stock radio will be wired to light up but thats it. the kenwood unit will still serve as the radio but just from an unseen location.
    86 Mercury Capri GS 2.3L
    11 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L
    10 Ford Focus SE 2.0L

I check my old radio earlier this week and it does say "premium sound" right above the volume control knob.. I can take a picture sometime before sunday and email you the picture Sorry about the delay as I was just kicked out of my house this week..
    Calon

yea. email me a pic! if youd like to part with it, ill pay you for it- sounds like you may need some cash anyway (sorry to hear about you getting kicked out of your house. those parents just never understand..........) :wink:
    86 Mercury Capri GS 2.3L
    11 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L
    10 Ford Focus SE 2.0L

Quote Originally Posted by ethangsmith
    yea. email me a pic! if youd like to part with it, ill pay you for it- sounds like you may need some cash anyway (sorry to hear about you getting kicked out of your house. those parents just never understand..........) :wink:
    Hey sorry it's taking me so long to reply to these things, I'm just at my mothers house right now, but I did go back to my dads and managed to take some pictures with a dispoable camera last night (about 5 of the radio) and the rest of my new (well kinda) 83 Firebird, and my 83 Camaro Z28, So thats why I havent been able to email you yet, but I did check out the Stereo when I took pics, and it does say Premium Sound Right on it, Im getting the pictures developed tomorrow, and will scan and send them most likely during the week, (again Im sorry I just havent been able to find a computer latley, which is why Im at my moms....Also dont worry about pay, Im not yet in desperate need of money, I would gladly part with the radio since I have a CD deck installed anyways, and would gladly give it to you for shipping costs.. If you have any questions email me at... calon_rogan@hotmail.com as I can check my email during the week at school...which is probably where I will send the pictures from.. Again sorry for the major delay...

-Calon
    Calon

theres an email for you at the above address from me.
    86 Mercury Capri GS 2.3L
    11 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L
    10 Ford Focus SE 2.0L

V6DR

i received a tsb that warns about using aftermarket vinyl tape stripes,and the resulting peeling caused by the adhesive reacting to the paint.it says to use the stripes from one of Ford's OEM suppliers. they are listed as:
    3M, Kaye Screen Printing Co,Avery Graphic Systems,and Trim Line Inc..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12