Close

Default Tail light lock washers

I've taken apart the tail light assembly on my son's '81 Capri. The posts from the lense broke off. They were held onto the housing with a lock washer. I'm not having any luck searching for the washers that are holding the lense onto the housing. Ideas?

Any pictures? I'm not sure what you want to fix.
    For what it's worth, steel epoxy putty is AWESOME for many repairs.
    The area need to be clean and can't be super smooth. I use acetone, and ~80grit sand paper.
    If you have room, use pop rivets, or small sheet metal screws drilled into the piece, to give the putty something better to "grab on to", other than a smooth surface.

Good Luck.

FYI: For example, using epoxy putty to fix an exhaust hanger bracket that is factory welded onto the uni-body:

The Capri uses a "push nut" to hold the lens on in the areas that don't actually have lights.

Name:  Push nut.PNG
Views: 46
Size:  106.6 KB

I don't recall the size off hand, but you should be able to match it up at most hardware stores such as ACE, Home Depot, Lowe's, etc. Worse case, verify the size and you can order online. Good Luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Default Sweet.

That's exactly what I was referring to. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    The Capri uses a "push nut" to hold the lens on in the areas that don't actually have lights.

Name:  Push nut.PNG
Views: 46
Size:  106.6 KB

I don't recall the size off hand, but you should be able to match it up at most hardware stores such as ACE, Home Depot, Lowe's, etc. Worse case, verify the size and you can order online. Good Luck!