Close

Default New member and proud owner

Hey everybody,

Another new guy here. Both to the forum and to my newly acquired 1978 Mercury Zephyr. I’m hoping to turn this into a project car for my family and see where it goes, so I will be on here looking for advice in the future when it gets underway. Currently the car is equipped from the factory with the straight six in it with the auto trans. The body is the 2 door sedan. Dash reads 36,5XX miles which is original. I don’t know much else about the car though. Hopefully down the road I can put some pep in it’s step and make it a fun cruising car.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Nice looking car. Would like to see more pictures and hear about your plans for the car.
    Like me, Looks as thought the only options purchased were the straight 6 and the auto trans.
    I also added a deluxe interior and a second mirror. I added everything else later.
    Lots of FREE F/Z info on my site.
    http://myzephyrs.com

I’ll have to get more pictures soon. Just brought her home. It was actually my wife’s grandmothers car. It’s been sitting in a barn for the past 20 years since her passing. I’m not sure on what I will be doing yet but I know I want to beef up the suspension axles and motor.

Welcome! That car is CLEAN!
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

Thanks. I was amazed with it actually. We pulled it out of the barn and all fluids were good. No sediment in the oil pan or anything. Drained the gas, changed the fuel pump, gave it an oil change for good measure and drove down the road after 20 years of sitting.

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrEFI View Post
    Welcome! That car is CLEAN!
    I was actually just looking through a post of your build. It looks like you may hear from me in the future when I hit a moment. If that’s ok with you.

Quote Originally Posted by ‘78 boxtop View Post
    I was actually just looking through a post of your build. It looks like you may hear from me in the future when I hit a moment. If that’s ok with you.
    No problem, anytime!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual