Close

Threaded View

Default SVO Valve Cover studs

I'm about halfway thru a project on my 2.3L '79 Turbo Pace Car. I pulled the head and sent it BoPort for the Stage 3 head job w/ a Stage 2.1 cam. I just put the head back in. But a few years ago I found a very nice valve cover from an EFI Turbo Ford. It was powder coated and clear coated. It looks great. And of course I know my car is carbed. I also had BoPort port and polish my carb turbo intake. So I put the head back in last weekend and am looking to put on the new valve cover. But I dont know what size/length valve cover bolts to use.

I found some specs on Stinger's website for "Rocker Cover to Head Bolt". It listed the size as M6x40mm 1.08mm pitch Class 9.8 . I spent a few hours last night and today looking for these and am having no luck. If I can find some ARP studs I would much rather use studs. But darned if I can find out what bolts work in these valve covers. I did a search on the forums but cant find a topic that covers this. Does someone know where I can get a hold of some studs that work with these valve covers and 2.3L head? And would I need Bolt grommets? I'll attach some pics below.

Name:  IMG_3299.jpg
Views: 738
Size:  115.2 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by radartek; 04-20-2021 at 04:29 PM.