Close

Default My First Mustang

Name:  1986 mustang.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  51.9 KBAttachment 128089 I found this pic today. In 1986, I custom ordered my GT, waited 3 months, when you're 19. 3 months is a long time, then it came in and I was lovin life. About 2 weeks later, 4th of July, a guy in a Blazer runs a stop sign and I hit him pretty hard. My GT was destroyed, less than 1K miles. The following Monday I went back to the dealer and ordered the same car again and waited another 3 months. I kept it for about 10 years, wish I still had it.
    Last edited by RazorbackGT; 06-02-2019 at 09:43 PM.

Man. That stinks. What do you have now?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Now I have a sweet 85.Name:  1985 mustang.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  79.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by RazorbackGT View Post
    Beautiful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a great looking 85

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Real sharp!!!

My first two met with a similar fate. My first one had a giant 100 year old oak tree fall on it and my Dad totaled my second one in a rollover accident going too fast out a country road. He said it was slowly spinning around on it's lid in the middle of the road and everything was dead silent except the Bon Jovi song "Gonna take a Miracle to save us this time" was still playing on the radio. Think of that every time I hear that song to this day.

Damn shame to think about the fate some of these foxes have met. Hopefully not too many people were hurt or bones were broken as these old things lived up to their beer can on wheels modus operandi.

My car's story is an opposite. I bought my 86GT while I was a senior in high school and after all these years I still have my first fox.

Somehow made it through my crazy teen and early 20's - life was probably a theme song about way too fast, lots of racing, too many girls, and after I could buy it whenever I wanted also admittedly gallons upon gallons of too much booze and some driving when I probably shouldn't have been.

After settling down some (well, a ton) my 86GT remained my daily. Ran it a total of 18 years on nasty Nebraska roads...... approaching 1/2 million miles on the old rust bucket with a well worn original motor still providing too much motivation.

The "pretty" pictures are from around 1993-1994. The pretty ugly picture with 10 holes is from 2015 before I 5 lug swapped it. The others are more recent.

doesn't get driven much these days but it is still fully licensed and insured, etc.

Wonder if the loss of shine on the paint was from speed..... boy these old cans will fly. Especially with all the additional crap under the hood and enough gear for days.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by erratic50; 06-03-2019 at 03:18 PM.

Thanks guys I really enjoy the 85 but sure do miss the 86. Homer, that's funny the radio still playing, when I crashed was nothing but smoke and steam. I hit that Blazer so hard I remember his big ass speaker box flying through the back glass of his hatch, I knocked him a full block before he flipped onto his top, Lol.

My first mustang was a 79 2.3 turbo car. White with a hounds tooth interior. I loved that car and had it for a good 3 years or so. Went through a true laundry list of car from there.
    79 2.3 turbo
    84 Capri RS
    87 ASC Maclaren
    05 4.0 w/ roots blower
    11 5.0 w/ Magnuson supercharger
    12 3.7 that I rebuilt myself from a total wreck
    And lastly a 79 Pace Car getting a full Resto mod.
    The Pace Car was the one I always wanted.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I still have my first Fox and hope I always do. My 20th. Owner since August '97, the 26th I believe. I think I have a pic from when I moved it when I moved to the new house.Name:  E928F1C3-6177-42F1-8A7B-549BA2EE7063.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  126.4 KB
    Last edited by Supersonic G.T.350; 06-03-2019 at 07:23 PM.
    1984.5 G.T.350 had since 16y/o
    95 Cobra, Crystal White

The pace car and the anniversary GT 350 are both iconic foxbodies, loved them both when they came out, gives me a thrill everytime I see one. Also nice to see guys holding onto them and keeping them pretty close to stock, cause they ain't making anymore.

Name:  1986 mustang2.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  50.8 KBName:  1986mustang3.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  66.5 KB These are pics of my 2nd 1986 Mustang GT t top. These photos were taken in 1987. Abosolutely loved this car, wish I still had it.

My first Fox was an 81 T Roof GL hatch. It died a horrible death like RazorbackGT's first.
    But my second,an 86 vert is still alive and well.
    And they were the only cars I have ever bought new.

Name:  IMG_0305.JPG
Views: 80
Size:  119.9 KB
    Ray
    86 Mustang LX 3.8 Convertible (bought new}
    65 Galaxie 500 XL 390 auto
    2A

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Dog View Post
    My first Fox was an 81 T Roof GL hatch. It died a horrible death like RazorbackGT's first.
    But my second,an 86 vert is still alive and well.
    And they were the only cars I have ever bought new.

Name:  IMG_0305.JPG
Views: 80
Size:  119.9 KB
    Wow, I'm glad you have hung onto it. I remember talking to a car salesman in about 1990, I was looking at a Bronco and he was wanting me to trade my GT. I told him I was thinking of keeping it forever and he said people really don't do that anymore, LOL.

Wow! That's nice.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RazorbackGT View Post
    Wow! That's nice.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk