Close

Default Want to paint my 85gt in Ford Lighting Blue

I’m about to send my 85gt to paint and body. It’s been painted at least 3 times before and always black. This time all the glass is being removed. Doors and hatch removed. Good removed. All exterior trim removed. Any rust issues repaired and then paint again. So a color change is t an issue as far as price. I’ve been looking all over the net trying to find something I like and I think I’ve found it. Ford lightning blue from the 2017-18s mustangs with black trim and light buckets.

But does anyone know where you can check out prices on paint? Or if you can even get ahold of the paint? I’m not a paint and body guy so I’m just looking for advice here.

Thanks a lot
    Joe E.Name:  0E34526E-02F2-4712-B879-9E493E8DEDCB.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  102.6 KB

FEP Member

tamcopaint.com

N6 base coat is $500 gal. Mixes 1:1.

Love their products.
    Last edited by KWH; 06-11-2019 at 02:31 PM.

Thanks for the reply. I’ll definitely look into it. How does that add up to other painting supplies/ colors? Is it a relatively expensive paint? Or. I’m out on a totally new venture here. Lol
    Joe E.

FEP Member

80-90% coverage on first coat. Easy to spray, good dry times similar to other top brand names. Their clears and single stage paints have fantastic shine and depth as well as ease of buffing. Tamco primers are top notch and I switched from 3M, De Beers , House of Kolor and Valspar.
    I've not priced this paint in Valspar but I'd wager Valspar would be much higher so no, it's not an expensive paint compared to Spies, Glasurite or R+M.
    http://www.spiuserforum.com/index.ph...e-2#post-60292
    That gallon will get you 2 gallons when mixed 1:1.

Edit:
    Looks like this color has a ton of pearl in it so I would not recommend a novice to spray it.