Close

Default Throttle and cruise control cables

Hey all, looking for recommendations on what's a good throttle cable, bracket and cruise control cable to replace my stock ones in my 84. Ordering from summit
    Thanks in advance
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

Hmmm, guess it was a stupid question.
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

I have seen the summit cables advertised recently. I have never bought, so not sure how their quality is.

Nothing for cruise control though. Might have to source that at the junkyard or ebay. Are yours broken?

Quote Originally Posted by graphicdesigner80 View Post
    I have seen the summit cables advertised recently. I have never bought, so not sure how their quality is.

Nothing for cruise control though. Might have to source that at the junkyard or ebay. Are yours broken?
    I really have no idea if the cruise works or not as motor was out of car when I bought. When I was removing bracket for throttle I busted one of the clips that holds the throttle cable to the cruise cable if that makes sense. Should be able to still use it but was wondering if there was a aftermarket one available. Here is a pic. You can see the little black clip that holds throttle cable in. That's what I busted.
    Attachment 128644
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

I'm in the same situation as you. Bought my '84 without an engine and the cc cable is also broken where it fastens to the tc.

Late model restoration sells the throttle cable, but not the cc cable: https://lmr.com/products/Mustang-Thr...Control-Cables

NPD as well: https://www.npdlink.com/1979-1993-mu...control-cables

Looks like the only option that I can find is to either zip-tie yours and see if it holds, or dig around on ebay or find used elsewhere.
    84.5 GT Convertible Build Thread
    86 LX Coupe