Close

82Bivouac

Default LOOKING FOR INFO?

Before there was a 2 seater ACS/McLaren Mustang -- Before there was a 2 seater ASC/McLaren Capri -- There was the "original"-- a 1982 "Bivouac"! ALL the other conversions prior to 1983 were 4 seater. Just recently acquired a 1982 Bivouac -- it's built on a LX, came from factory with 5.0 HO, 4 speed, AC, power door locks, power windows, tilt and cruise --Looking for ANY info that might be out there -- production numbers? Have been in contact with Sandy at the national registry for the ASC/McLaren, this is only the third one to surface -- the other 2 were base model LX with 2.3 and hubcaps -- ANY HELP???

http://f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/fourspeed38852

FEP Power Member

I've never heard of that before. Maybe that rare? By the way what condition is it in? Any pics i'd love to see? Did you have to sell a kidney to get it?
    1979 Mustang pace car
    1986 LX coupe

Interesting find. Never heard of it either. Hope somebody can provide some verifiable data on the car.

Just FYI, the LX model wasn't available until the '84 model year.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

82Bivouac

Link to pictures posted -- yeah I know, it's a GLX.

FEP Power Member

So did you have to sell body parts to get it? Are the door panels specific, I don't recall seeing any with the ribs like that in them before. Maybe I just didn't pay that much attention. Where will you get parts to try to restore it? Thats pretty cool!!!
    1979 Mustang pace car
    1986 LX coupe

FEP Senior Member

where did you find the car....i happen to know where one EXACTLY like that is...Its the same medium metallic grey, glx vert, 5.0 TRX suspension pretty much the same car, im saving up to make an offer. i hope its not the one i know about... where di you find it again?

blake
    1973 Mustang Sportroof 5.8C
    1974 IH 1010 6.4L
    1983 Crimson Cat 5.0L
    1985 LTD LX 5.0L
    1986 SVO 2.3T
    1989 Mustang Coupe 5.0L

FEP Senior Member

heres the back seat on the one i know about, i cant find the other pictures i have of it online ill post a full one later today.
    1974 IH 1010 6.4L
    1983 Crimson Cat 5.0L
    1985 LTD LX 5.0L
    1986 SVO 2.3T
    1989 Mustang Coupe 5.0L

FEP Senior Member

here it is i found it. does this look like one to you?
    1974 IH 1010 6.4L
    1983 Crimson Cat 5.0L
    1985 LTD LX 5.0L
    1986 SVO 2.3T
    1989 Mustang Coupe 5.0L

Malleus Banificarum

Sandy would be the person I'd refer anyone to when it comes to pre-factory convertibles. Beyond that, posting here and getting the word out and about is your best bet to find anything more.

82Bivouac

That one is EXACTLY like the one I have EXCEPT that one still has the front end on it! This one was in TN.

FEP Senior Member

how did you know that it is the Bivouac thing? I guess there are TWO that exist, with the 5.0. where did you get that ad? do you have any info on it yourself? also what happened to your front end? haha, the car i know about the rear quarter is SMASHED. Im hoping to buy to match my 79 coupe that is grey and black.

blake
    1974 IH 1010 6.4L
    1983 Crimson Cat 5.0L
    1985 LTD LX 5.0L
    1986 SVO 2.3T
    1989 Mustang Coupe 5.0L

82Bivouac

What info I have came from Sandy over at the ASC/McLaren national registry. Front end was hit on my car -- drivers side front fender, front bumper/cover and radiator support -- car is currently in body shop now getting that part fixed. Car did not come from factory or from Bivouac with ground effects -- BUT the guy that formely owned car, ordered a full 5 piece set (front under bumper, 2 side pcs., under rear bumper and "Saleen" style spoiler that will fit on rear trunk lid) -- way back when could get it, but never installed on car. WILL be installed on car this time. Also the top on the picture you have is the original 3 window top. Mine has a 1 window universal replacement. Have a brochure that just came in on car, will scan and post picture later.

Why would you install the ground effects on such a rare car?

It is a good thing that the previous owner never installed them.

Or were they an option from Bivouac?

-Mike

82Bivouac

82Bivouac

82Bivouac

Any one with a Bivouac? Come join!

JOIN BIVOUAC