Close

FEP Member

Default fox resto 1985 mustang engine wiring harness

went to my first car show last thursday night.went to leave and my car wouldnt start.it would turn over fine just wouldnt fire.i ended up finding the issue.my engine wiring harness looks to be in terrible shape.a ton of uncoated wires,and now my temp guage is reading like its overheating but i know it isnt.so i ordered one from performance parts inc for 299.00.well my money got refunded,so i called them and he said he just sold his last two at carlisle...figures.so i asked him about the fox resto harness being my only other option.he said that is the only other one he knows of,but he will not sell that product.he wouldnt specify why?the fox resto harness is 379.00i ended up ordering it.has anybody else purchased this harness? if so,what were your thoughts?

Erratic50 purchased the harness for his Saleen clone. The harness appears to be a decent quality, but at this point we still don't have a drive train installed to verify that everything works. Personally the $379 price is ridiculous IMHO, but then again there are no other options, so . . . .

The biggest issue my self and others have had with Fox Resto is their customer service and complaint resolution after the sale. Bottom line is they are terrible at it. They don't return emails, they don't return calls, essentially if you have a problem with your order, your parts, etc. You are on your own. They aren't going to do much if anything to fix or correct the situation. So as long as you order the right parts and they arrive as ordered, then buying from Fox Resto is just fine. Other than that, I would prefer to buy from another vendor if possible. In this case, unfortunately you may not have another option. Best of Luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

FEP Power Member

Have you checked with Ron Francis Wiring? Someone has to be making it for FMR.
    Fox Body/3rd Gen MCA Gold Card Judge
    84 SVO 24K miles, 85 Mclaren Capri Vert. 84 GT Turbo Vert.
    88 Mclaren Mustang Vert 20K miles, 89 Mustang LX Sport Vert,
    03 Mach 1 7900 miles, 74 Mustang II, 69 Mustang, 67 Mustang, 07 GT500,
    14 Mustang CS/GT, 15 F150 FTX Tuscany, 16 F250 Crewcab, 67 Tbird 47K miles

FEP Member

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    Erratic50 purchased the harness for his Saleen clone. The harness appears to be a decent quality, but at this point we still don't have a drive train installed to verify that everything works. Personally the $379 price is ridiculous IMHO, but then again there are no other options, so . . . .

The biggest issue my self and others have had with Fox Resto is their customer service and complaint resolution after the sale. Bottom line is they are terrible at it. They don't return emails, they don't return calls, essentially if you have a problem with your order, your parts, etc. You are on your own. They aren't going to do much if anything to fix or correct the situation. So as long as you order the right parts and they arrive as ordered, then buying from Fox Resto is just fine. Other than that, I would prefer to buy from another vendor if possible. In this case, unfortunately you may not have another option. Best of Luck!
    knock on wood,i haven't had any issues with them at all.i have heard of members on here not having a pleasent experiance.ive been lucky.yes,the price is ridiculous.the guy i talked too at performance parts inc was pretty hostile to the whole fox resto harness and claims he would never sell that product!he wouldnt say why,he just left it at that.so,i was hoping he just doesnt like the guy,and that it wasnt a quality issue with the harness itself.at that price it should be gold plated! i got to inspect the alternator harness too.i think mine is fine...that another 75. bucks to replace

FEP Member

Quote Originally Posted by KevinK View Post
    Have you checked with Ron Francis Wiring? Someone has to be making it for FMR.
    yes i did.i even called.i checked the website too,mostly 87 and up wiring...the gentleman i spoke to said they do not make them for foxresto. after a little more internet research,i found that cj pony parts also sells the harness.all for the cheap price of $403.99! im in the wrong business..
    Last edited by kfxmatt; 06-06-2019 at 09:31 AM.