Quote Originally Posted by martin0660 View Post
I did not find just a block. Had some full tall deck stuff offered but mostly well beyond my budget.

Just filled a good core block, even if I find an aftermarket block, I want to move my rotator to a new block as a spare at least. Lots of value in the rotator anyway.

Regarding .030 ... yes/no/sort of, lol ... these blocks suffer from thin cylinders in the front of #4 and the rear of #1. Plenty strong on the thrust, but thin in those spots in particular. Some data, we sonic checked the block I’m building on now and it’s much thicker. We broke a piece out of my old block where it spilt and it was only .095 thick ... figure -.015 for .030 over so it was only .125 thick there to start ... new block will be at least that thick even with .030 over.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/xkydPQ3HMhSMEuwM8

Keep in mind, although those numbers seem scary, that block went more than 120 passes north of 500 rwhp over 2 seasons before it split. Not a perfect situation, but the different between .020 over or .030 isn’t enough to make a difference and the “good rings” are only available like that.
Great stuff! I have a line on a complete 2.3t. Now whether it goes in my 85 or I trade that off for another Fox roller is yet to be seen.