Close

Default Jeep mesh wheels?

Don't shoot me....I'm just trying to think outside the box here lol!

I've been researching mesh wheels and would really love to find some 5-lug options that fit well. I stumbled across these. The lug pattern is the same. Not sure about offset and hub size. Anyone know if they'll work?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Oh, and I forgot to mention they are 15x7.

My neighbor used Mopar wheels on his '79 F150 and i think David Claflin used Mopar cop wheels on his LTD 5 lug conversion. The bolt pattern is the same, have to do some research for things like center hub dia. and offset. Here's a website with info: https://www.roadkillcustoms.com/whee...ference/#tab-3

Thanks for the link! It looks like the hub opening is slightly larger on the jeep wheel (71.5 vs 70.3 on the 5-lug Mustangs). I'm still trying to find info on the wheel offset.

That site doesn't list exact offset measurements, but it does show the Grand Cherokee wheels and late model mustang wheels to have "medium/high" offset.

Interesting idea

Rockauto currently has 4 reconditioned black mesh wheels in stock for around $127 each.

I found some info on offset. I looked up the tri-bars (15x7 from 94 mustang) and it's listed as 24mm. A different wheel from the same early 90's Cherokee is listed as 31.7mm. Unless I'm mistaken, I think that means they'll most likely sit in a little further than mustang wheels. Not 100% on this, but more than likely, that's the deal. I think it is probably the same situation as the crown vic and/or Mk VII wheels (I'm still finding mixed information on this).

If this is the case, I might be back to square one. However, I'm not completely opposed to using, for instance, an sn95 or even new edge rear end to make up the difference... with a set of thin spacers in front. I'm not considering rear spacers.

The only problem I see is that I would prefer keeping the stock width in the rear in order to bolt on a set of draglites/slicks for the occasional weekend romp down the 1/8mi.

Looks like 1/4" spacers would pretty much put them where the stock fox wheels sit.

Ideally you want wheels with the correct offset, but I honestly have never had one single issue running a spacer on all the mustangs I've owned. I'm not sure why so many are against them. Unless they're too thick to tighten a lug nut enough...I say run them spacers lol

Quote Originally Posted by T-O-N-Y View Post
    Ideally you want wheels with the correct offset, but I honestly have never had one single issue running a spacer on all the mustangs I've owned. I'm not sure why so many are against them. Unless they're too thick to tighten a lug nut enough...I say run them spacers lol
    I'm guessing the problem is with the thick spacers. I presume they make two different kinds. Thin ones that work just like a washer on a bolt, and thicker ones that you bolt onto the hub and then bolt your wheel into a separate set of threaded holes. I have a set like those on a 4-wheeler. I can see the problem being that the inner bolts are hidden. You won't know if they're starting to come loose unless you remove the wheel. For my 4-wheeler, I just used good loctite on them. It's literally just an old Honda 300 fourtrax that I use occasionally to hunt or check trail cameras. Nothing crazy at all.

I think I'm going to try these wheels, if I can find a used set. I have a couple friends helping me find some. Rockauto has reconditioned wheels that would be great, but I don't want to waste $600 if I'm overlooking fitment issues. I already have a nearly brand new set of tires that will fit them. If I have to use 1/4" spacers, I'm sure it won't be an issue. These wheels would be used for putting around town and cruise-ins. For the track, I'll use my draglites with bias ply slicks.

Your best bet is lincoln lsc from the mark 7 series, they have pretty cool mesh pattern in 16in.
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...heels-on-86-GT

I was looking for a set of 5-lug mesh wheels and figured I'd have to go with one of the above options, but I ended up finding a set of 5-lug American Racing wheels. Not sure what they were produced for, but the seller had them on a fox and they evidently fit well.
    Name:  Screenshot_20190531-215628_Facebook.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  51.5 KB