Close

Default T top hatch strap

Can somebody post a pic of the t top tie down strap in its correct configuration in the back of the hatch.
    This is for 85/86 t tops.
    I have the straps and a metal buckle, but nothing for the metal piece to plug into.
    Also each t- top has its own bag, correct?
    Thanks in advance.
    J
    1985 Mercury Motorsport Capri Registry
    Official Pace Car of the Mercury Motor City 100 - Grand Prix IV

www.Motorsportcapri.com

Quote Originally Posted by 1985 Motorsport Capri View Post
    Can somebody post a pic of the t top tie down strap in its correct configuration in the back of the hatch.
    This is for 85/86 t tops.
    I have the straps and a metal buckle, but nothing for the metal piece to plug into.
    Also each t- top has its own bag, correct?
    Thanks in advance.
    J
    That's funny because I need to verify the Tie Down strap bolt hole locations since the ones in my 82 RS were rusted and one had to be cut off.

As for the T-top bags, there should be one bag for each. Although I swear I had one years ago that was a single bag with two pockets, but I might just be getting old and the memory is going. WAIT . . . What were we talking about!?
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Here is my 84. I assume other years are the same? The front loop with the buckle is attached to the body with bolts, through cut holes in the carpet. The other strap bolts to the body below the hatch latch. I tried to show how I fasten the strap on mine. Yes, there should be a separate bag for each top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Present: '84.5 Mustang GT T-top, '06 Mazdaspeed6
    Past: '79 5.0 Capri, '86 Buick GN, '90 Mustang GT, '92 SHO, '95 SHO
    Browse cover pages of my Fox Chassis related library

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    As for the T-top bags, there should be one bag for each. Although I swear I had one years ago that was a single bag with two pockets, but I might just be getting old and the memory is going. WAIT . . . What were we talking about!?
    Trey,
    Did you happen to own an older firebird at some point? I distinctly remember mom's old 82 t-top firebird having a 2-in-1 style bag like that. I have fox t-top bags sitting in my garage right now, but I honestly never even unfolded them to take a look. They looked to me like they're in great shape, but the wife mentioned a while back that she thought they looked a little dry-rotted. I'm at work, but now I feel the need to have her go out and snap some pics for us.
    79 Pace Car - 331, t5
    79 Pace Car- 302, 4 spd
    79 Cobra - working on 351w, t5
    82 Capri- working on 302, t5
    82gt - working on 408w, c4

Saturn V,

Thanks for the picture. What is interesting is the holes on my 82 RS were not centered in the hatch, they were offset to the passenger side. I am back in Colorado now, so when I have a chance I will check my 82 GT and see if they are the same as my RS or the same as your 84.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncojunkie View Post
    Trey,
    Did you happen to own an older firebird at some point? I distinctly remember mom's old 82 t-top firebird having a 2-in-1 style bag like that. I have fox t-top bags sitting in my garage right now, but I honestly never even unfolded them to take a look. They looked to me like they're in great shape, but the wife mentioned a while back that she thought they looked a little dry-rotted. I'm at work, but now I feel the need to have her go out and snap some pics for us.
    Yes, I have owned multiple 77-81 Trans Am's over the years and actually still own both a 1979 & 1981 Trans Am. So I might be thinking of the T-top bag for those.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

It appears I have the strap twisted but the idea is the same here.

That red interior looks like it is in mint condition! My plastic has really started to fade and look rough over the past few years. As for the T-Top strap, are they the same ones used on the sunroof cars as well? I removed my strap when I gutted my interior and can no longer find it now that I want to add bits of the interior back into the car. I have found sunroof straps on eBay, but some looks similar to my old t-top strap and others don't. Mine looked exactly like homer302's pictures and the car is a 1984.

Mine is an 84 as well.