Close

Default A few questions on a 302 build

I知 planning a build for my 87 Tbird. I already have an Explorer upper/lower intake, GT40 heads with TF spring kit installed. I知 purchasing B303 cam ( like the sound of these). I知 not looking for tons oh HP but just a fun car so questions... 1- Can I use 19lb injectors or will 24lb be better?(I already have some 19s on hand). 2- Will a 65mm TB be enough ( I already have this also) or will a larger TB be necessary? 3-Will an A9 computer work? If not what do you recommend? This will be my first build so bare with me as I知 sure more questions will follow. Also I will be swapping to a T5 transmission. I致e already installed an 8.8 with 3:55s. Thanks for any input
    Ray

FEP Senior Member

19 pound injectors will be better than 24's. They will be running close to their limits, but will be better. The 19's will work better with a stock ECU. 24's will require a different MAF sensor, and won't work as good as stock parts. The 65mm throttle body will be fine as well. If you have access to a larger one it wouldn't hurt. An A9 computer may not be a good choice, because the calibration is tuned for a lighter car, and may be too aggressive with the timing for the heavier T-bird. That's how I see it.

Glad to hear some stuff I already have will work. Any suggestion on what computer may work with this set up? I will have to do a mass conversion on this car also. The B cam will not work with an SD computer