Close

Default LMR Project Mercury Rising!

If you guys aren't following this, you should be! It's freakin' awesome! It really doesn't get much better than an '85-6 ASC/McLaren Eurocoupe in shadow blue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af-NamjhVpg
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

Thx. I just blew an hr of work time watching the entire video series lol! Definitely an awesome build, though. I have to ask...in a couple of the videos, it looks like the LMR guy is drinking a cold beer with some blue painter's tape covering the labels. My question is... do you think they're taking applications?

I logged into LMR for the first time in years recently and then started getting texts from them. The one today included a link to episode 6 and I watched it. I need to catch up on the rest. I wish the videos had more of the details about the work on the car, and less shots of the guy in the studio talking. But the car has a cool history and looks fantastic with all of the modern touches.
    Present: '84.5 Mustang GT T-top, '06 Mazdaspeed6
    Past: '79 5.0 Capri, '86 Buick GN, '90 Mustang GT, '92 SHO, '95 SHO
    Browse cover pages of my Fox Chassis related library

Texts? That would be annoying. I don't mind the emails at this point since I am finding myself needing parts. It does bug me how Eastwood will email you within a couple of hours of logging in to ask you if you're sure you don't want the thing you looked at. . That is an email you can respond to though and I like to tell them it's creepy they do that.

It would certainly be cool to work there, but having to move to El Paso is s deal breaker.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Yeah, I’m starting to get more of those “shopper stalker” emails from various vendors. I guess I can turn off notifications if they start to bug me.

LMR is in Waco, TX. I visited their showroom once. Their website says that the showroom is temporarily closed. Maybe they’re remodeling/expanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Present: '84.5 Mustang GT T-top, '06 Mazdaspeed6
    Past: '79 5.0 Capri, '86 Buick GN, '90 Mustang GT, '92 SHO, '95 SHO
    Browse cover pages of my Fox Chassis related library

Whatever, close enough.

Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrEFI View Post
    Whatever, close enough.

Maybe relative to distance from MN, but El Paso is 9 hrs from Waco. I remember a family trip from Houston to CA, El Paso was the half-way point.
    1985 GT owned since new